Audit Assistant Manager / Audit Supervisor / External Audit Assistant Manager
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a Top20 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their Corporate Audit team with the appointment of an Audit Assistant Manager for their offices in Central London. The role is 100% Commercial Audit and you will be required to manage Qualified audit staff, liaise with Partners and review the audits for both Corporate PLCs & PE backed businesses across a range of hospitality & entertainment clients. Key duties include:
- Managing a portfolio of audit and account clients with turnovers up to £150m. Clients include multi-national UK listed and private groups, along with PE-backed enterprises.
- Managing both small and large corporate clients, including those with complex issues requiring higher levels of ad-hoc work
- Assisting Partners in planning & executing complex UK and International audit engagements, including open and close meetings with clients
- Business development and winning work by managing existing clients and targeting new audit clients within the London region
- Reviewing and appraising internal audit working practices, identifying areas where efficiency improvements can be made within the Audit function.
- Involvement in internal compliance procedures (e.g. quality control reviews, money laundering procedures etc.).
- Assisting Audit Partners in establishing the audit approach; reviewing audit work papers and ensuring audit files are completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for a number of Qualified Audit staff on client sites to ensure audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives
- Acting as a trusted business adviser to major clients and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and clients
To be considered for the Audit Assistant Manager role you should be a Qualified ACA/ICAS/ACCA Accountant with at least 3 years' experience running client portfolios, and ideally from a Top100 or well-regarded Regional Accounting firm. Experience managing audits across a range of corporate industry sectors (ranging from OMBs, PE-backed, listed and international groups) is required, and you should have excellent knowledge of UK GAAP & FRS102.
On offer is a salary up to £57,000 depending on relevant experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone or via email at admin@ mcginnisloy.com
McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile