This is an exceptional opportunity for a suitably qualified School Business Manager to bring leadership & strategy to a number of teams within this leading academy.Working closely with the Principal and the Senior Leadership Team, you will be responsible for areas including Finance, Technology, Premises and Catering. A key element of the role is preparing information for publications and returns for the DfES, LEA and other agencies and stakeholders within statutory guidelines.
Your responsibilities will focus on he following:
- Preparing the budget for each academic year in consultation with the Principal and Finance Business Partner.
- Actively monitoring and controlling financial performance against the agreed budget and ensuring that any significant variances are addressed.
- Preparing cash-flow forecasts to ensure that the Academy's cash position is consistent with its obligations.
- Assisting and supervising other staff in the operation of the Academy's financial systems.
- Ensuring prompt and efficient completion of financial returns as required.
- Acting as the key contact for the internal and external auditors.
- Reviewing and approving expenditure such as salary reports, and payment runs.
- Maximising income through grants, lettings, and other activities.
- Presenting timely and fully costed proposals, recommendations, or bids.
- Negotiating commercial contracts with external suppliers to ensure value for money.
- Managing legal issues and insurance claims as required.
- Tracking and analysing Pupil Premium expenditure and efficacy.
- Working alongside the Network IT Manager to ensure resources, support and training are provided to enable work colleagues to make best use of technology.
- Ensuring the school has a strategy for using and replacing technology.
- Communicating relevant policies for use of technology including Data Protection and GDPR regulations.
- Providing leadership to the site team and ensuring that all aspects of the Academy site, assets and facilities are well managed and maintained.
- Ensuring the Academy's health & safety policy is clearly communicated and implemented.
- Providing support and leadership to the Head Chef and Kitchen team to ensuring the Kitchen is well managed, affordable and maintained.
To be successful in securing this role, you will need to demonstrate excellent leadership skills, a talent for bringing your team on the journey to deliver excellent services to the whole Academy.
As an expert in managing finances for an Academy, you will need to either be a fully qualified accountant or equivalent, or a suitably qualified SBM.
The ability to lead and influence in all areas is paramount.