Agriculture is one of the last industries to be enabled by technology - here at Hectare, we're leading the digital transformation.
We're looking for a finance professional to join and support our growing team at a fast-growing agri-tech business. The role is a flexible hybrid of remote work and office time with 1 day a week in our offices in Hampshire, near Chichester or in our London coworking space, or more if you prefer. This is a new role that you will have the opportunity to shape and develop.
Founded in 2015 by farmers and developers, Hectare is a fast growing agritech business with a growing team of more than 40 people based all around the UK. The Hectare platform now powers some of farming's fastest growing supply chains and marketplaces and has recently secured a round of funding, opening up exciting opportunities for future growth.
Today agricultural businesses need to supply more produce, more efficiently. Couple that with climate change pressures, meaning we have to do more with less. Our role is to digitally engineer what is possible.
We want to be the global leaders in solutions to enable agricultural post-production (farm gate to factory door) supply chains and our platform powers solutions for agricultural logistics, inventory management and trading as well as providing important insights for smarter, data-led decision making in agriculture.
If you are curious, highly driven, and want to help us change the future of our industry, get in touch. It's the chance to be part of something huge.
• You're able to hit the ground running and happy to roll up your sleeves to get things done at pace
• Reporting to the Finance Director and working with our external accountant, you're happy working in a small, highly driven, remote-first team with sometimes limited resources but you relish the challenge to support the business and make a difference
• You are flexible, open to change, and excited to have the opportunity to shape a new role in a fast-growing company
• You are able to work independently and will be effective at prioritising your workload
• You're a natural collaborator and a clear communicator, you know instinctively how to keep people informed, without adding unnecessary noise or complexity
• You are keen to learn and develop your career
• You are willing to challenge existing ways of doing things and continually improve processes
• You keep abreast of new technologies and tools and consider how these can be used to support the business
• Invoicing - preparation of and sending out sales invoices
• Cash collection and debtor management
• Working with Stripe, ApplePay and our bank systems to ensure payment processes are running smoothly
• Payments - from invoice receipt to supplier payment
• On a day to day basis work with our external accountant to:
• ensure all transactions are recorded
• reconciliations are complete
• issues resolved
• Handling month-end close with our external accountant
• Producing weekly flash reports
• Preparing monthly management accounts and performance reports
• Participating in the planning and forecasting process
• Documenting policies and procedures
• Financial analysis to support the business
• Qualified or part-qualified accountant
• Have worked with different finance systems, ideally Xero or similar
• Experience in working with multiple stakeholders
• Ideally experience of:
• a SAAS or subscription business
• working in an international business
• Strong Excel skills or equivalent
What Success Will Look Like
• Day to day finance activities will be seamless and you will have established a close working relationship with our external accountant
• You will be seen as an integral part of the wider business
• Queries and issues are dealt with swiftly and everyone across the team is delighted with their interactions with you
• You'll always collaborate at the right time to ensure the most efficient approach is taken to get the job done
• Competitive salary range
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Access to employee perks that include discounts, online wellness classes and training courses
Flexibility to work a mix of remote with 1 day a week (or more if you prefer) office based (Offices based at a beautiful Stately Home in the South Downs near Chichester in Hampshire or London)
The Hiring Process
First, a phone call
You'll have a 20-minute chat over the phone with a member of our team so we can find out more about your experience and ambitions.
If we think you're a good match for the role, we'll book you for an in-person interview and we'll ask you to complete a short task in preparation for that interview.
Meet your colleagues
There'll also be a chance to meet some of the people you'd be working with via a video call, and ask any questions about working at Hectare.
That's it! If everyone's happy, we'll make you an offer.
If this sounds like what you'd love to be doing, we can't wait to hear from you. If you're not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience.
Come join our herd.
Salary: £50-65k depending on experience
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
You may have experience in the following: AAT Accountancy, Financial Manager, Financial Controller, Company Accountant, Accountancy Consultant, etc.
Ref: (Apply online only)