This busy role is in a small friendly team environment just outside of Camberley, Surrey and is in the Asset Management team which is responsible for ensuring that financed vehicles are settled when payment is due and taking appropriate action when payment in line with terms is not possible.
Previous collections, debt recovery, credit control type experience is preferred but not essential. You will just need to be happy in a busy, fast paced customer orientated environment talking to customers about payments.
Main Responsibilities of the Collections Assistant role
* Communicate with customers to secure payment in line with agreed credit terms;
* Monitor and follow up promises to pay;
* Maintain notes on the core operating systems of the business as well as maintaining departmental reports;
* Communicate with field auditors, i.e. receive and process verbal audit results and issue follow up instructions to protect the company's assets;
* Liaise with colleagues in the credit, administration and finance departments to follow up collections issues;
* Contribute to further development of processes and procedures in the Collections function.
Requirements of the Collections Assistant role
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and able to adapt to new IT systems and programmes;
* Experience in collections conversations with customers and exercising good judgment in respect of customers' ability and willingness to pay is desirable
* Good communication skills, comfortable dealing with customers and colleagues by phone and email;
* Comfortable working in a small, self-contained team environment. Reliability is also a critical requirement, given the small size of the team.
* Live in close proximity to Camberley, Yateley, Wokingham, Hook, Fleet, Fincahmpstead
Hours: 9-6pm or (phone number removed)pm
Salary up to circa 22k plus discretionary bonus
* Communication Skills
* Credit Control
* Cash Collection