Techniche Global are supporting an engineering defence contractor to appoint a Procurement Administrator. You will be responsible for the procurement for software licencing and support contracts activities, to include obtaining quotes, validating quotes, obtaining approvals, placing orders and updating the software contracts database.
Major Tasks and Activities
* Assisting Procurement in all other areas of IT including but not limited to hardware, services, telecoms, peripherals for all Sectors
* Ongoing management of renewal pipeline
* Ongoing management of contract database
* Ongoing management of procurement savings tracker
* Engagement with IT Sourcing Managers to establish procurement processes for key contracts, spend area's looking for commercial and value add opportunities
* Where needed establish and maintain working relationships with the supply Chain
* Knowledge of Goods Receipting process
* Knowledge of Purchase Order raising process
* Maintain and update supporting documentation including policy documents, user guides, process, workflows and contact details
* Assist with identifying and recommending process and policy improvements.
Knowledge and Experience:
* 3 years minimum previous experience in a procurement environment, preferably within the IT category area and with knowledge of a range of IT related categories, including software, hardware and services.
* Practical understanding of software licencing
* An ability to analyse, present information and provide recommendations
* Working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP)
* Ability to delegate and prioritise workload off your own initiative.
* Ability to build effective relationships
* Sound understanding of IT Management processes
* Able to work effectively with multiple priorities and deadlines
* Flexible, can do attitude