Alliance Personnel are currently recruiting for Product Development & Compliance Manager for one of their prestigious, engineering clients based in Birmingham, B19.
Our client are a lighting manufacturer specialising in metalworking, finishing and assembly for luxury decorative lighting brands.
The successful candidate will liaise with the design teams in London, and lead a small team junior design engineers in Birmingham.
* Oversee the creation and maintenance of product technical files for each luminaire type.
* Ensure products are compliant to the relevant CE / UKCA standards.
* Manage the creation of manufacturing documentation, including but not limited to: Bills of Materials, Manufacturing Drawings, Build Manuals, QC documents, Packaging Designs & User instructions.
* Implement a Quality Manual to apply to all areas of the factory and assembly areas.
* Oversee the implementation of a training structure for mechanical assembly, electrical assembly, finished goods inspection and electrical testing.
* Manage the implementation of UL certification for products sold to North America and Canada
* Lead the Implementation of a new MRP system to enable accurate stock keeping of parts, components and raw materials.
* Assist in the development of new and custom products for manufacture.
* Help to solve manufacturing problems and quality issues.
* Manage drawing packs and keep all part drawings up to date.
The ideal candidate has:
* A strong understanding of design and engineering for manufacture.
* Has experience within lighting and/or product compliance, including UL.
* Has strong CAD/CAM skills: Experienced using SolidWorks to create parts, assemblies, and drawings. Experience with SolidCAM or similar CAM software.
* Experience using Access FactoryMaster or similar MRP system.
* Experience with CNC machining beneficial.
* Fluent English
Hours: 7am - 4pm, Monday -Thursday / 7am - 1pm on Fridays
Salary dependent on experience