Trident Healthcare solutions are a specialist recruitment agency that are seeking passionate individuals to work in a locum capacity for a private client.
Biomedical Scientist (Blood Sciences)
As a Biomedical Scientist you will;
* Maintain clean and disinfected working areas and equipment.
* Carry out daily maintenance of equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures and inform senior staff of any issues.
* Effectively contribute to the monitoring and maintenance of equipment.
* Effectively administer the supply of bloody products and assist with the control of blood stocks.
* Effectively appraise methods, practices, products and equipment developed by others.
* Provide input, as required, to the review, update and implementation of standard operating procedures.
* Participate in the department's annual objective setting and performance review process.
* Assist senior staff to supervise and train less qualified staff - work scheduling/rotas, induction development and training, ensuring work is carried out to deadlines and within agreed working practises and procedures.
* Assist with the production and analysis of statistics.
* Participate in the on call rota for the department.
* Assist with laboratory audits in accordance with the departmental quality management strategy.
* Perform all biomedical diagnostic testing, interpretation and reporting in accordance with standard operating procedures.
* Inform senior staff of any unusual results identified.
* Perform defined quality control procedures and monitor their effectiveness, advising senior staff of any issues.
* Maintain accurate and timely records of all specimens received and results obtained.
* Maintain records of reagents and consumables and inform senior staff of any issues
What are we looking for in a Biomedical Scientist? You will have;
* Registered with the HCPC as a biomedical scientist or equivalent
* Qualification applicable to the HCPC registration requirements
* Relevant laboratory experience in multi-disciplinary biomedical science preferably Biochemistry.
* Good working knowledge of different analytical equipment in a range of multi-disciplinary techniques.
* React positively and constructively to meet customer requirements.
* Proactively commit to developing own personal skills, knowledge and behaviours, and support others in their development.
* Communicate appropriately and effectively in order to inform, educate or influence people in relation to difficult situations.
* Effectively process and provide data/information.
* Respect and support colleagues in own and other departments.
* Ensure own work meets the requited standards, encourage the same in others and proactively identifies improvement opportunities.
All applicants must have Right to Work in the UK already in place.
Benefits of Trident
· Weekly pay
· Quick and easy compliance process
· Free uniform upon sign up
· Personal relationship manager
· Pension scheme for PAYE workers