Would you like to feel valued in your role, managing Support Workers that help adults with learning disabilities to achieve their potential?
This Assistant Manager position could be the next fulfilling role for you!
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Manager, at a small Supported Living service for adults with learning disabilities in the Wetherby district.
This is a fabulous opportunity, for an experienced Senior Support Worker, to progress to the next level to Assistant Manager and provide an excellent level of care to adults with learning disabilities.
You will manage Support Workers who will enable adults with learning disabilities to develop the necessary life skills to lead rewarding, independent lives.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager to reap the reward of providing manangement support at a supported living service where the residents are active and enjoy a busy and fulfilling life.
The upper salary range includes some sleep ins.
Assistant Manager Role :
* As an Assistant Manager you are responsible for managing support workers in a supported living setting for adults with autism and learning disabilities.
* Provide supervision to Support Workers.
* As an Assistant Manager you will create rotas, lead shifts and motivate support workers and delegate activities and life skills sessions.
* Report to the Service Manager.
* Encourage support workers to enable service users to achieve their potential and lead interesting lives.
* To ensure person centred care is provided, care plans are followed and updated and CQC standards are met.
* Encouraging service users with learning disabilities and autism to partake in social and community events, including attending college, sporting activities such as swimming, football, rugby, basketball, hobbies, day trips, short holidays, support in going to the cinema, theatre, meals in restaurants, pubs and social evenings etc
Assistant Manager Skills / Qualifications :
Ideally have NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
Understanding of autism and learning disabilities
Supervisory skills and experience - managing and training support workers
Willingness to work flexible hours.
Passion to provide excellent standard of care and enjoy providing opportunities to enable service users with learning disabilities to develop confidence and fulfil their potential
My client is a registered charity, with an excellent reputation for providing adults with autism and learning disabilities to be as independent as possible. This professional organisation provide ongoing support for progression. They pride themselves in maintaining excellent care standards and enabling the lives of adults with learning disabilities and autism to be happy and rewarding