(.NET (Core), C# REST, SOAP, (Azure, React) - Not essential!
- Global Finance Intelligence Co
- London / Full Time remote
- A leading Global KYC intelligence co is looking for a Team Lead to help design, build and support their web services and applications.
- They offers front-end web applications and API services which enable the search and retrieval of registered company information.
- The data is sourced from various external data sources in real-time. Their services are hosted in Microsoft Azure. Some of the Azure services we use are App Services, Azure Functions and .NET applications running in Virtual Machines. They uses Azure SQL databases for data storage and retrieval.
- Azure DevOps is used to manage teamwork items as well as CI and CD pipelines.
- The Team Lead role is a split between development and leadership, with time being spent on code contributions as well as team lead activities. The ratio of this split will change depending on the work in progress.
Required Technical Experience
- Participate in implementation of new features, bugfixes and addressing technical debt alongside the other developers in the team.
- Assist team members by pairing in development and debug sessions.
- Participate in design and planning discussions with the Product Owner, Engineering Manager and Infrastructure Engineer.
- Provide updates and status reports to the Product Owner and Engineering Manager and manage expectations on delivery.
- Take the lead on team discussions, document findings and action items.
- Work with the team to establish estimates and help plan deliverables against the roadmap.
- Keep track of the status of work in progress within the team, identify bottlenecks and escalate issues where relevant and appropriate.
- Act as a point of contact for team-relevant production support issues and delegate the work required to address the issues to the team.
- Ensure that best practices in application development, code review, and DevOps tasks are maintained within the team.
- Understand how the application architecture and supporting cloud infrastructure are integrated, for components related to the team.
- Proactively explore the existing applications and services and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Experience as a senior engineer working with .NET technologies (.NET Core and .NET Framework) using best practices w.r.t. design, implementation, and testing.
- Experience building and supporting REST and SOAP APIs
- Experiencing building and supporting application code CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience deploying and running .NET applications and services in Microsoft Azure (VMs, App Services, Azure Functions).
- Experiencing performing root cause analysis and investigations relating to production support incidents.
- Ability to review and provide input and feedback in system architecture and design discussions.
- Experience working with a work item management system (JIRA/DevOps): creating meaningful stories, bugfix tickets, technical debt items.
Nice-to-have Technical Experience
- Experience with Azure Durable Functions.
- Experience configuring Azure API Management Services.
- Understanding Azure network configuration and maintenance (VNet, DNS, firewalls/security groups).
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, PowerShell).
- Must be self-motivated and pro-active.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and complexity.
- Ability to drive discussions, lead debates and summarise the results of these conversations.
- Ability to prioritise and delegate work items to the team.
- Ability to report back to senior management on progress.
- Must ask lots of questions, clarify requirements, probe for potential issues.
- Support team members on technical issues, helping debug and discuss problems and solutions.