An excellent opportunity for a candidate with 4 to 5 years of communications experience to play a key role in Hume Brophy's growing London Corporate Affairs team.
About Hume Brophy
Hume Brophy is a sector-led, political, regulatory, and campaigning firm that delivers results for our clients to enhance their commercial outcomes and improve their operating environments. We take an integrated approach to managing our clients' communications with their key stakeholders and the public through Public Relations, Investor Relations, Public Affairs, Corporate and Financial Communications. We are a border less consultancy with operations in London, Brussels, Dublin, Singapore and Hong Kong and an established network of agency partnerships across North America, Asia, and Europe.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a strong desire to develop into a key player in an integrated communications offering - working across a range of public relations, corporate, and digital communications campaigns across sectors including agrifood, transport and financial services.
Agency or in-house communications experience will be considered for this role. Experience in proactive media relations, campaigning and advising clients in a fast paced environment is essential.
Reporting to Account Directors and Directors on various client accounts, you will manage clients and take a proactive lead on day to day activities to deliver strategic campaigns and meet client communications objectives.
The ideal candidates will be:
· Energetic, positive and inquisitive;
· A proactive and creative thinker;
· An excellent communicator - both verbal and written;
· Organised and efficient;
· Ambitious and results-driven;
· Able to work to deadlines and cope positively with time pressure;
· Passionate about current affairs and awareness of factors driving the news agenda;
· Familiar with organic and paid social campaigns/briefs are a plus;
· Eager to keep up to date with the development of new PR and marketing communications activities, including social media;
· Keen to work on corporate brand building, reputation management and campaigning briefs
· Able to draw on a network of existing media relationships and cultivate relationships with trade/international media across our core sectors
· Able to work as part of a team, but also be able to self-motivate and take ownership of individual projects and tasks;
· Experience in forming strong client relationships
Core responsibilities will include:
· Driving ideas generation with a creative approach and assist with strategic planning for clients;
· Maintaining awareness of sector news and issues impacting a client using this to inform communications approach
· Managing international account teams and ensure account deliverables are met on an ongoing basis;
· Liaising closely with clients and play a key role in day-to-day account-team leadership;
· Driving proactive international media or stakeholder engagement opportunities for clients in line with their communications objectives;
· Creating content for multiple communications channels;
· Leading internal progress meetings and client meetings;
· Building connections and relationships with journalists, clients and industry peers;
· Assisting with business development including drafting proposals and pitch participation;
· Line management and development of junior colleagues;
· Play a key role in London marketing and networking opportunities.
· Hybrid work model and WFH allowances
· Discretionary annual bonus
· New business referral commission
· Training budget
· Pension benefit scheme
· Gym membership subsidy
· Early Friday finish (15:00) all year
· Mentorship schemes
· After work socials/company events and off-sites.
If you are interested in applying, we would love to hear from you!
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Public Relations/Corporate Communications Account Manager application - (NAME)" in the subject line.