Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Edinburgh, is currently looking to recruit a Developer for an initial 6 month contract with option to extend on a rate of £489/day (Outside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances this role will be a hybrid of working at home and the office.
- Demonstrate excellent, sustainable and collaborative software development practice that's focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable and appropriate artefacts.
- Actively participate in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge is required and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
- Troubleshooting and fixing development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Engage with the wider communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, technique and experience
- Coach and mentor other team members as necessary
- Ensures high quality of developed solutions through development and maintenance of unit tests - with appropriate code coverage - and code analysis using code quality tools,
- Ensures that developed software complies with non-functional software requirements such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability and deployability, Requirement for software development services
- Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis, etc.
- AWS including:
- Serverless (Lambda)
- API Gateway
- Cloud Formation
- Making excellent quality software with other people.
- Working with business stakeholders, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering value.
- Design and implementation of solutions using a service-based and serverless architecture.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks.
- Cloud monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes
- Formal XP engineering techniques, including Pair Programming and Test Driven Development
- Defining infrastructure-as-code
- Human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Testing tools and frameworks, e.g. Cypress
- Use of UI pattern libraries to achieve consistent, tested and high-quality interfaces
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch