Kitts Green, Birmingham B33
The Production Manager will be planning, coordinating and controlling all the steps in the production process to make sure the small cleaning machines are delivered to customers on time and within the budget.
My client is a fast-growing business manufacturing a brand with a strong reputation in a huge market. This will open up incredible opportunities for personal development and career options, for example a leadership role, or a technical role, as suits your skill-set.
The Production Manager will be responsible for:
* Overseeing production processes
* Planning and organising production schedules
* Ensuring that health and safety regulations are met across the site
* Determining quality control standards
* Selecting, ordering and purchasing materials
* Organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
* Liaising with buyers and marketing and sales staff
* Supervising and all aspects management of 5 production staff and training new employees
* Organising relevant training sessions
The ideal Production Manager will have:
* A relevant qualification in Production Management and Planning
* A minimum of 3 years' managerial experience in a similar role
* Familiarity with and proficient in the use of manufacturing planning ERP systems (e.g. SAP) used to manage purchasing and production functions
* Understanding of legislation and standards
This role would suit a hands-on Production Manager who has experience of managing a team in assembly of components to make a finished product.
Working hours are Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm with 1/2 hour for lunch
8am - 2pm on a Friday
What you will receive in return:
* Great starting salary
* Pay review at 6 months
* Training and development opportunities with a family owned company who care about their team and will invest in their future. Their sister company is accredited with Gold status of Investors in People.
* 28 days' leave including bank holidays
* Early close on a Friday
* Company pension contributions of 3% of salary
Victor Floorcare is a brand of cleaning machines established and built up since 1946, manufactured in the UK and sold all over the world.
Their brand is best known for being British made, robust, well-engineered product - a reputation for consistently high quality.
The Victor range came under new ownership in March 2019, and has since undergone a new beginning, leveraging the excellent reputation and broad customer base with a vision to become the market leader in floorcare innovation.
The team is committed to achieve high standards. Delighting customers is at the heart of everything they do. All stakeholders are respected and valued. They strive to design and innovate to make enduring products that reflect their heritage.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply below