Finance & Payroll Assistant
Location: East Croydon
Reports to: Payroll Manager/Head Of Finance
Deploy UK is a respected and rapidly growing recruitment company within the Construction, Rail, Signalling & Telecoms, Utilities, Aviation & Highway sectors.
We offer permanent, contract or temporary recruitment solutions across the UK and Overseas working in a collaborative approach with our clients and suppliers. Our reputation in these sectors are second to none and have become a trusted partner for our clients working on some of the UK's biggest infrastructure projects.
Deploy are known for our uncompromising professionalism and integrity, setting new standards for industries. We don't just place people into jobs, we form long-term partnerships based on trust, honesty and mutual respect.
Our strength is our ability to match the right people to the right jobs and take the time to understand thoroughly what you're looking for, we then use our extensive database and industry knowledge to find exactly the right combination of skills, experience and qualifications.
Deploy UK never compromise on safety, everything we do is underpinned by rigorous training and operational practices that puts Health & Safety first.
Your main role as a Finance & Payroll Assistant within Deploy is to work within a busy department. Reporting directly to the Payroll Manager who has over 9 years experience in running a fast growing department. You will be mentored and supported to learn and grow your knowledge on delivering a high level of service to both our clients and candidates. The role will be based in Liverpool Street until June and then moving to East Croydon where we will be relocating to.
• Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
• Update's payroll records by entering changes in rate, duration, location, client information, contractor details.
• Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analysing information.
• Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Gathers and analyses payroll data; makes recommendations and prepares various payroll reports to be submitted to Payroll Manager.
• Raising Sales invoices and payment applications and posting invoices on Sage Line 50.
• Bank Reconciliations.
• Raising Remittances and emailing to suppliers.
• Printing off aged debtors report and performing Credit control
• Invoice and Payroll Reconciliation
• Any other administration and support duties as required by the team
• Ability to process invoices with minimum supervision.
• Strong communication and influencing skills.
• Strong numerical skills
• Planning and organizing
• Basic/Moderate Excel skills
• CRM and/or Payroll experience are desirable, but full training will be given for the successful candidate
• Excellent attention to detail & able to work to tight deadlines - this is essential as you will be responsible for ensuring all temporary workers are paid correctly each week.
• Work well under pressure
• Take Initiative
• Attention to detail
• Work at pace
• Computer literate, working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams)
Deploy UK promotes all opportunities to everyone, to ensure the future workforce is representative of the UK and believes in the value of a diverse workforce