A number of Category Manager roles available on behalf of a client in the public sector.
All roles are permanent with occasional travel required to Leeds, Birmingham or Bristol.What you'll be doing:
To be successful:
- Owning, managing, developing and delivering category and procurement strategies allocated to you.
- Provide commercial support and guidance to a select range of stakeholders, ensuring optimal commercial solutions are delivered in line with National Highways objectives, Commercial/Procurement and Category strategies.
- Assist with the building of excellent cooperative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support delivery of the National Highways imperatives, (Safety, Customer Service, and Delivery) and the implementation of the Category Management approach.
- Responsible for the development, review, negotiation, execution of allocated contracts and the commercial management of related suppliers.
- Assist with supplier cost savings targets, and initiatives delivered that increase efficiency whilst maintaining performance and risk management.
- Assist with the delivery of expert advice and guidance on procurement and commercial ensuring the enactment of sound governance and practice.
- Ensure the creation of positive supplier relationships, encouraging innovation, creation of "value add" solutions, and a strong customer service ethic.
- Assist in dealing with complex contract and procurement documents and be able to provide guidance to others on their meaning and use.
- Experience of end-to-end category management and development of category strategies for key products and/or services.
- Experience in the delivery of the end-to-end procurement lifecycle, preferably in a technology focused environment including managing contract variations.
- Strong stakeholder management with evidence of working collaboratively across a range of stakeholders, engaging effectively to develop their requirements.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Should hold or be willing to work towards the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Diploma in Procurement and Supply qualification (or equivalent).
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.