Extraordinary lives. Outstanding people.
The life of every resident we proudly care for is extraordinary, rich in history and unique life stories. We are Caring Homes, one of the UK's leading providers of nursing, residential and dementia care. We have 69 homes in beautiful locations nationwide and we're still growing. And we know that genuine care is delivered by passionate people who go above and beyond to help every resident live life to the full.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you'll build a strong relationship with residents and their families. And by understanding what matters to them, you'll strive to help resident live as independently as possible. This focus on dignity and respect comes naturally to you, and every day you'll find ways to support each resident by listening to their stories, sharing activities and looking after their personal needs and living spaces. About the role
As a Senior Care Assistant, you'll play a vital role in making sure every resident feels happy, healthy and supported. And from diet to domino's, you'll be there when they need you. You'll be a point of contact and support for their families to. Updating them on their wellbeing through your accurate reports and giving them peace of mind with your understanding and positive attitude. From bed-making to chart-taking, your highest level of professionalism will be seen in the way you present yourself. If you're an above and beyond character in everything you do, this role will be right for you. The skills you'll need
Having completed your Level 2 Diploma in Care (or equivalent), you'll know the importance of respecting and understanding the privacy residents need and deserve. This empathy and compassion are one of the core skills we look for. Combine this with a focus on cleanliness, tidiness and process and the next step in your care career could be here. As a Senior Care Assistant, you'll have strong verbal and written communication skills, and you'll also lead by example to help the wider team develop and grow by following your lead.Above and beyond
At Caring Homes, we all work as one team and strive to go above and beyond in everything we do, every day. From bed-changing to family liaising and from supporting medical needs with the senior nursing team to maintaining accurate food and fluid charts, if you see care as a calling, we'll support you and train you to be the best you can be. And with a clear and personal plan of training and development in place, which will see you working towards your City and Guilds Level 3 in Adult Care, you'll soon discover you can grow with a fast-growing business. And as a business that specialises in dementia care, everyone who works here is offered our award-winning dementia training.Exceptional benefits package
- Ongoing and continuous career development and succession planning
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Professional subscriptions reimbursed where essential for role
- Long service awards
- Recognition programme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent apprenticeship scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Wagestream - this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing
- Employee discount scheme
- Discounted reloadable cards and high street vouchers
- e-vouchers, access instant savings on your mobile device
- Holiday discounts & days out with discounts up to 60%
- Cinema benefits with discounts up to 40%
- Blue Light Discount Card
- Free or subsidised meals, depending on location
If you have a genuine passion for people and pride yourself in going above and beyond to give extraordinary care, your outstanding future as a Senior Care Assistant at Caring Homes could be moments away.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.