Our client is an established trader of Commodity and Energy products based in Central London. They offer a unique chance to work within a continuously growing and diversifying business, with a strong commercial appetite.
This is an opportunity to lead the compliance function of a London based trading business and provide support and advice on compliance regulation and best practice to other entities within the Group.
The role of the Compliance Manager is to ensure that the Company operates in accordance with the law, the Company's policies & procedures, and commodity trading regulations relevant to the Company's activities in trading physical and financial products including Crude Oil, Oil Products, Gas, LNG, Power, and Emissions.
This is a senior role entailing accountability for leading a team of compliance/KYC professionals and managing the team's broad portfolio of compliance work including responsibility for advising the business on its day to day trading activities, maintaining the Company's trading compliance program and associated training, and performing compliance monitoring, KYC, and surveillance.RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Act as the Company's lead and subject matter expert on all compliance matters affecting the Company and responsibility for maintaining a strong internal compliance programme in the Company.
- Manage and monitor key compliance activities across the business and report on a regular basis as to their status and actions taken to mitigate such risks.
- Act as the MLRO for the Company and maintain robust internal processes to safeguard the Company from KYC, AML and sanctions risks.
- Co-ordinate and assist in managing relationships with external counterparties such as financial/trade regulators, exchanges, auditors, banks & trade associations.
- Maintain all internal Compliance processes ensuring the Company's controls framework meet relevant regulatory and exchange standards.
- Advise the business on compliance and regulatory updates, provide functional assurance from the Compliance team and ensure new business activities are compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
- Promote a strong and robust compliance culture within the Company with the aid of regular compliance training for staff and regular assurance to senior management.
- Carry out any monthly, quarterly or ah-hoc compliance reporting, internally and externally.
- Deliver regular Compliance function updates to the Company's Risk Control Committee and Board of Directors as required.
- Manage and motivate Compliance staff covering the KYC and monitoring activities.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Appropriate Degree and/or Compliance qualification
- A compliance energy trading background with a good knowledge of trading activities including both physical and derivative markets with a minimum of 5 years in Compliance, preferably in a senior capacity or leadership role.
- A good understanding of financial services regulation including UK and US regulators, Anti Bribery Act and AML legislation. Knowledge of Exchange Rules including ICE and CME plus the European regulatory areas including MiFID, MAD, EMIR and REMIT.
- Knowledge of Trade Sanctions applicable to commodity trading, in particular, those under UK, EU and US laws and directives
- Teamwork Skills - ability to work with others to accomplish business goals and implement process changes. Demonstrated teamwork inside and outside immediate area of responsibility
- Communication Skills - ability to communicate well with front, mid and back-office personnel as well as Senior levels of management.
- Organization Skills - ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Experience with managing daily/monthly/quarterly duties with on-going projects and communicating the status of assignments.
- Leadership Skills - ability to develop individuals within the team and the desire and commitment to build the capability and expertise of the company's Compliance function.