Guidant Global is working with the UK's trusted Ministry of Defence partner, MBDA, who needs a skilled Software Engineer C/C++ and Java, a powerhouse capable of hitting the ground running immediately with minimal support at the Bristol site.
As a Software Engineer C/C++ and Java with previous knowledge, you will play a vital role in demonstrating exposure to practical software engineering.What you'll get to do as a Software Engineer (C/C++ and Java):
What we're looking for:
- In conjunction with the rest of the project team, participate in designing and developing software for Mission Planning Applications.
- To include updates to the current portfolio of Mission Planning systems and the development of significant new products.
- To undertake a full range of engineering activities aligned with relevant company processes and standards.
- Must be capable of taking ownership of features.
- The role potentially includes system integration activities on representative and final deliverable target hardware.
- Partake in potentially all the development lifecycle from Architectural specification of the software product to testing and verification.
- The role will include supporting the production of project documentation.
More about the role:
- A skilled Software Engineer capable of designing, developing, and proving complex software products.
- The ability to communicate technical issues with other engineers and stakeholders from different skill areas.
- Experience operating as part of a collaborative Agile team.
- Knowledge of Software development practices and processes is required.
- Familiarity with a range of CI/CD/DevOps toolsets.
- Mandatory knowledge of C++ and Java.
- Strong Linux Administrator skills
- Desirable knowledge includes C# and Python.
- You must be a UK national or citizen to be eligible for the role.
MBDA's relationship with the UK military spans back over 70 years. They have delivered countless landmarks in defence engineering, supplying vital defence capability to meet the needs of the armed forces over land, sea, and air.
This role is based at MBDA's, Bristol's state of the art site, which plays a key part in missiles operations. The location offers excellent transportation links, outstanding learning and development opportunities, and social, charitable, and sporting activities.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.