Our client is looking to recruit a dedicated, hardworking and positive Assistant Accountant to join their busy accounts department.
Reporting to the Accounts Manager duties will include:
* To receive and process all invoices and enter onto Sage
* Checking validity of invoices before payment - cross checking data internally for accuracy
* Prepare cheques/Bacs for payment
* Manage daily transactions for the petty cash and reconcile weekly
* Process BACS payments for wages
* Reconcile bank accounts and verify bank balances on general ledger
* Production and distribution of invoices
* To produce financial reports as requested by management
* Have involvement with all month end and year end accounting procedures
* Credit control- initiate process for debtors, sending out statements/making phone calls to follow up statements after a period of 10 days
* Ensure all sales invoices are paid within agreed payment terms
You will have a minimum of 12 months experience in an accounts role and knowledge of payroll would be an advantage. Knowledge of Sage Line 50 is essential. In addition you will have the ability to demonstrate first class communication skills both written and verbally, possess a high attention to detail together with the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure.
In return the company offers excellent prospects within a friendly and down to earth working environment