Data Manager Spinal point NJC 28-31 37 hours per week, term time only including INSET days, plus a further 3 days during the school holidays. Secondary School located in Reading To start ASAP but applications to start in September 2022 will be also warmly invited
This is a selective school which is in Reading which is in the top 1% of all schools nationally' (Department for Education, November 2019). It was graded with an overall effectiveness of 'GOOD' with 'OUTSTANDING' features by Ofsted in November 2021. Here are some of the responsibilities of a School Data Manager:
- To manage and administer whole-school data through Sims and various data analysis packages
- To lead the development and maintenance of the school's records and information systems
- To oversee the management and administration of student data to empower school leaders to make accurate judgements and set priorities
- To prepare statistical returns of student data as required by internal staff, DFE, LEA, and other external bodies and school managers, including termly reports
- To organise upgrades and maintenance routines for the student database, including year-end/start routines (i.e. setting up pastoral structure / creating marksheets with prior attainment and target data in SIMS)
- To investigate and provide proposals for systems to enable better and more strategic use of student data to better inform all stakeholders.
- To create templates for assessments, review and amend report layouts as needed
- To understand and fulfil all Data Protection and GDPR responsibilities including deletions of data in line with the Records Retention Policy
- Import data from one System to another i.e. FSM data from DFE. Register students for ULNs on the LRS
- Manage the access for members of staff to software packages and external sites such as DfE secure access, as super-user for the school.
- To create in-year data analysis reports
- Manage and administer School Communications with parents and pupils
- Manage and administer ParentPay, Mint classroom, SMHW, parents evening booking system and all other software which supports school time activities.
The successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills and have a sound understanding of statistical returns of student data with a can-do attitude.
You will have strong interpersonal skills and are able to work on your own initiative and ability to work as part of a team. You will have excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask working to tight deadlines. If you believe that you have these qualities, are passionate about being involved in the growth of students and are interested in working as part of our school team, then we look forward to hearing from you.