Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
You will be joining our Finance BI team, designing and building the Data Warehouse models, transformation pipelines, and Looker structures (explores, views and dashboards) which will be leveraged by Finance stakeholders and analysts across Checkout to gather insights and fulfil reporting requirements. You will have ownership around the accuracy and consistency of data for reporting and analytics within the Finance domain.Key Responsibilities:
- Design and implement high-performance, reusable, and scalable data models for our data warehouse to ensure our end-users get consistent and reliable answers when running their own analyses.
- Design and implement Looker structures (explores, views, etc) which will enable users across the organisation to self-serve data.
- Work closely with data analysts and product teams to understand business requirements and provide data ready for analysis and reporting.
- Write complex yet optimised data transformations in SQL using dbt.
- Schedule data transformation and analysis pipelines using airflow.
- Continuously discover, transform, test, deploy and document data sources and data models.
- Apply, help define, and champion data warehouse governance: data quality, testing, documentation, coding best practises and peer reviews.
- Help interpret and migrate legacy SSRS reports to our data warehouse.
- You will be working with dbt, Looker, Snowflake, Apache Airflow, git, SQL Server, Python, Fivetran and AWS.
Nice to haves:
- 3+ years working experience as a data or software engineer in a fast-paced growing company.
- Excellent SQL knowledge.
- Strong hands-on data modelling and data warehousing skills.
- 1+ years of experience using Looker / Tableau / PowerBI.
- Familiarity applying software engineering best practices to analytics (e.g. version control, testing, and CI/CD).
- Familiarity with at least one of these Cloud technologies: Snowflake, AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with ELT and scheduling tools (e.g. Talend, Airflow).
- Familiarity with either finance, customer, marketing and/or web analytics data.
- Strong attention to details to highlight and address data quality issues.
- Self-motivated, responsible and technology-driven individual who performs well both independently and as a team member.
- Excellent time management and proactive problem-solving skills to meet critical deadlines.
What We Stand For
- Knowledge of coding in Python.
- 1+ years of experience using dbt.
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.#Aspire
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.#Excel
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.#Unite
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.More About Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you.