Our client, a Global Group who provide market-specific data, software and analytics to a range of clients in different sectors. My client, is seeking an ambitious lawyer who is ready to relish the opportunity to work for a global business and be recognised amongst senior management within the business.
Our client is looking for a strong negotiator who can act independently and assist the business on all commercial contracts alongside other projects and being a pro-active member of the business whereby identifying and implementing operational improvements.
This role will provide legal support to the client's business, a global provider of data and analytics products and services. The position will report to the Head of Legal and will collaborate with an experienced global legal team, with teams located in North America and Europe.
The position requires independently advising the business on matters requiring developed legal and counseling skills in multiple areas of expertise, specifically including the areas of commercial contract negotiation relating to software (SaaS) and data licensing, legal analysis and drafting, product review, GDPR guidance and other regulatory and compliance areas.The role will consist of:
My client is seeking:
- Preparing and negotiating customer data and software license agreements.
- Identifying issues, performing legal research, preparing legal analysis memoranda, and advising others in the legal group as well as internal clients.
- Undertaking projects with minimal supervision.
- Understanding business needs and creating templates, processes, and ways of working.
- Identifying and implementing ways to improve our skills and to implement an agenda of transformation.
- You will advise the business independently on matters in relation to contract negotiations, regulatory and compliance advice, and other matters.
- You will advise and interact with senior management of the Data Services businesses. You will need to be able to represent the legal department in strategic conversations and to articulate your point of view to the business (and to dissent where needed).
- You will manage at least one other person remotely, and will be responsible for managing their day-to-day work, development, and connection with the wider team.
- A common law qualified lawyer with 7+ years of relevant experience in a law firm or corporate legal department and excellent verbal and written communication skills. However, common law qualified lawyers will also be considered.
- Motivated and open-minded with a growth mindset.
- Articulate and able to hold your own with senior business colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive Salary with a performance related bonus up 20%
- Remote working (Hybrid approach available)
- Private Medical Care
- Option to purchase shares at a discounted price
- Generous pensions contribution available
- Support provided with obtaining professional qualifications
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced lawyer who wishes to mark their stamp in an exciting team who is confident and a strong negotiator to ensure that decisions are made both from a commercial and legal standpoint.
If you are interested and have any further questions, please drop Luke Masih an email on firstname.lastname@example.org