THE LEGAL DIVISION
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you. OUR DIVISION CULTURE
As a division we are focused on our people and their development and are committed to creating an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We offer numerous training and career development opportunities including a weekly legal training programme, department mentoring schemes and a people development committee tasked with providing tangible tools to help manage and develop careers. The department also has a number of active and varied committees including the Diversity, Pro Bono, Charity and Social Committees and encourages participation in the Women's, Black and LGBT Firmwide affinity networks. BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
An experienced corporate finance and capital markets lawyer is sought to join Goldman Sachs' EMEA IBD Legal team, within the EMEA Legal Division and based in London. IBD Legal provides high quality, value-added legal advice and assistance on all aspects of a wide range of transactions undertaken by the EMEA Investment Banking Division, including the Financing Group (ECM, DCM and lending).
This is a highly pro-active role in guiding the various business and non revenue areas on legal and execution matters as well as in developing and tracking policy and interpreting, and providing training on, legal and regulatory developments. Substantial interaction with the various business teams and non revenue teams within the Legal Division, as well as significant transactional involvement, will be features of this position. RESPONSIBILITIES
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Involvement in all aspects of a wide range of high profile IBD transactions
- Significant liaison with deal participants, including regulators and industry bodies
- Involvement in a variety of European M&A, including negotiation of engagement letters
- Significant transactional involvement with various banking teams in deal origination and execution, involving dealing with internal banking clients, outside counsel and other advisers such as accountants
- Management of legal and other risk, including working closely with firmwide committees and other working groups
- Liaison and co-ordination with other relevant groups throughout the firm, including other teams in the Legal Division, compliance, regulatory controllers, credit risk, management controls and tax
- Responsibility for relationships with external counsel in the investment banking area
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 3-5 years qualification or equivalent
- Language abilities an advantage
- Experience gained in private practice or in-house advising leading bank(s) involved in the corporate finance market in Europe
- Team player with the ability to be pro-active in a dynamic and challenging business environment, whilst adhering to firm policies and practices
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity