Asset Manager - UK Wide
Remote working but time on site near Glasgow is required
Up to £55 per hour
We are working with a major engineering consultancy who are in the process of assembling a brand-new team of engineers for nuclear projects across the UK. This particular business is well known for focussing on the more technical side of engineering consultancy and their nuclear division has been busy winning multiple large-scale projects in the last 18 months. Thanks to securing these huge schemes they are seeking 50+ engineers across various disciplines over the coming 12 months.
One of their latest project wins has been for a client operating across 3 MOD sites in Scotland focussing on asset management; in particular, the integration of new asset management procedures and standards. These 3 well known sites involve nuclear elements and are critical to the MOD infrastructure and national security; as such, security vetting and clearance will be required. There are currently 3 roles available at the same level across the 3 Scottish sites, however this can be a remotely based position with time spent on site when required.
* Up to £55 per hour, outside IR35, dependent on experience.
* Working from home most of the time - 4 days per week, 1 day per week in the office or on site (further site time may be required as necessary).
* Long term - 3 years of work currently forecast.
Summary of the Role:
3 x Asset Management Integration Manager's posts to work with a MOD client based at HMNB Clyde. The team will work with the client to implement the principles of ISO 55001, the internationally recognised standard for Asset Management, and to achieve Level 3 against an Asset Management Maturity Review.
Asset Management has recently been introduced at HMNB Clyde and it is recognised, to ensure that benefits are fully realised by stakeholders, that resources are needed to support and embed the level of change required within our operations and support directorates.
The Asset Management Integration Manager duties will include:
* Ensure that improvements across the 39 subjects of the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Anatomy are fully implemented within each of the operations and support directorates to ensure all stakeholders gain the full benefit of the asset management initiative
* Engage with stakeholders to ensure that required improvements are fully understood and that changes are fully supported, resourced, and meet the needs of stakeholders in each area of responsibility
* Develop an understanding of asset risks in each area of responsibility
* Facilitate Asset Health function in each area of responsibility to ensure that risks are fully understood, appropriate mitigating actions are put in place and where risks cannot be managed escalate to appropriate Director for resolution
* Support the development of Programme Works to implement mitigating actions
Who we are looking for:
* Minimum of 5 years' experience and a professional qualification in an asset management / engineering related discipline
* An understanding of asset management and the requirements of ISO 55001 and the IAM Anatomy
* A professional qualification in an Asset Management / Engineering related discipline
* Experience of managing change
* Effective communicator at all levels
* An understanding of asset risk management and developing appropriate mitigating actions
* Experience of managing stakeholder engagement in a complex asset intensive environment
* Experience of working in a complex engineering environment
* Knowledge of high integrity Infrastructure maintenance strategies and delivery techniques
* Experience of operating within a regulated environment with high focus on compliance
* Working knowledge of reliability engineering
* Experience of developing asset criticality assessment and prioritisation processes
* Experience of developing and implementing effective asset information communication processes
* Ideal candidates would already have experience within similar nuclear / waterfront environments.
* Current SC or DV clearance would be advantageous.
If the above would be of interest to you then please get in touch or alternatively, please feel free to pass on to others who may appreciate a conversation about it.
In addition to this role, we will be looking for a whole range of professionals for this client in the coming months across electrical, EC&I, Mechanical, HVAC, Piping, Process, Quality, BIM, and others. So, if you would like to be kept informed of other roles as they arise, please get in touch