Role - Commercial Risk Manager
Salary £65,000 to £97,000
Location UK or Ireland - Various Locations
Commercial Risk Manager is needed for large energy provider to work in the UK or Ireland. The ideal candidate will work with stakeholders to provide the commercial rigour, manage commercial risks and advise on how to maximise Enterprise's opportunities, to ultimately play a key role in the profitability of the business. This will involve understanding and calculating the nuanced risk profiles of contracts, investments, reputational exposures and operational risk management.
You won't do all this alone, and as such the role will require a significant amount of interaction with the existing Commercial teams as well as the Solar and Battery and Distributed Energy business units. In order to carry out some of the above duties there will be a need to work closely with our trading and analytic teams within the wider business. As we provide services across the UK some travel will be required.
The ideal candidate will be qualified in a relevant field e.g.
* Commercial, Finance and Risk
Relevant experience is equally important as You'll have good working experience and knowledge of commercial and commodity risk management and asset deployment industries. Experience in the energy sector including
* Solar, Battery and Enterprise Value, (EV)
Enterprise Value would be an advantage Critical to the success of this role, is a solution based mindset aligned with strong commercial acumen and accurate advice based on risk assessment and the ability to manage in complex environments is key. Leadership and a track record of the risk management of assets is essential. The role requires excellent communication and stakeholder (internal and external) management skills. The role will be the commercial interface with key policy makers and be a strong support for both the Commercial Director and Business Units.
* Establishment of Value At Risk (VAR) model and overall hedging strategy.
* Consideration of FX exposures.
* P&L forecasting for DE energy assets including option values, extrinsic, engineering failure risk.
* Tracking of extrinsic value realisation.
* Role in educating commercial managers on market risk, option values etc.
Supporting digital strategy (particularly Enhance platform).
* Energy Market Regulatory Framework matters.
* Trading and settlement compliance.
* Asset optimisation.
* Finance business planning support.
* Red Reviews and governance support