Purpose of the job role: Lead on programmes and projects to drive Haringey Council's Transformation agenda, ensuring it continuously improves and strives for excellence in all that it does. Deliver projects to achieve strategic objectives and provide effective project management alongside colleagues from across the organisation.
Work alongside service leads to ensure that the organisation and its residents receive value for money from services procured externally and those provided in-house.
We are delivering a programme of change to improve our customer service delivery as well as empowering our employees with the innovative tools they need.
Examples of projects include cultural and change management, improving customer experience through our digital channels, and Housing Management, Voids and Repairs projects.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Lead on projects and programmes using Prince2/MSP methodology (or similar) including reviewing current working methods, change management, digital, improving service delivery and redesigning policies, procedures and key strategies in line with the business requirements.
2. Develop, apply, and take responsibility for project management frameworks for change management and improvement programmes.
3. Lead on identifying and delivering efficiencies, promoting best practice and taking innovative approaches to service reviews and improvement.
4. Liaise and carry out research with other local authorities, social landlords, and government departments including participating in benchmarking exercises.
5. Actively promote and maximise resident involvement in service improvement, monitoring, standard setting and value for money reviews. Encourage involvement from under-represented groups.
6. Evaluate legislation to devise and implement new ways of working.
7. Undertake research, produce reports, and ensure delivery of initiatives aimed at improving the quality and productivity of work across service boundaries.
8. Write and maintain documentation in the form of procedures and guidance notes and provide statistical analysis and reports as requested.
9. Prepare and present reports to Senior Management, Board and Member meetings.
10. Take responsibility for achieving the required key deadline and performance targets for your projects and work area.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance