Role: Delivery Support officer - REF 58953
Contracting Authority: Central Government
Contract Length: Until 31/03/2023
Pay Rate to Intermediary: £169.77 per day
Security Clearance: BPSS
Enable the smooth running of the project by supporting the Project Manager through the operation of project management processes. Co-ordinate business management actions and activities on their behalf. Ensure systems are in place to enable effective planning and scheduling. Manage project controls, reporting on the project status. Ensure organisational tasks are carried out efficiently. Govern compliance of the project, taking a specific lead on Risks, Issues, Assumptions and Dependency management and assurance reporting. Manage workforce planning, providing information for effective decision making. Engage with a wide range of stakeholders. Monitor project spend and contribute to the compilation of budgets. Lead potential risk areas, working with the Risk Manager and escalating as appropriate.
• Proven experience working in a PMO context (both in Agile and Waterfall environments) and implementing appropriate processes to support successful delivery.
• Strong professional knowledge of traditional project, programme and product management methods and techniques (e.g., PRINCE2).
• Experience of working in high pressured environment with a large amount of change.
• Professional knowledge of PMO functions such as financial management, resourcing, RAID, Reporting, Change Control and Planning acquired through training and experience over an extended period.
• Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft toolset and ability to create high quality outputs in Excel, PowerPoint and Word including advanced formulas.
• Strong people management skills to inspire and motivate staff.
• Excellent communication & influencing skills (verbal & written) - with ability to liaise at all levels, including board.
• Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Ability to work in an ambiguous environment, clarifying strategies and plans, giving a sense of direction and purpose for self and team.
• Decision making by seeking constructive outcomes in discussions.
• Setting direction and taking ownership for deliverables