Key Account Manager
Region: North West and North Wales
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 11th July 2022
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Account Management? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the treatment of Cardiovascular disease at a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Account Management? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact Cardiovascular at a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
Our BioPharmaceuticals pipeline is growing. And it takes something special to get that out to patients, responding to their evolving needs, as well as those of healthcare professionals and partners.
We're empowered to stay at the forefront - with the resources and support of a leading pharma, and the nimbleness and flexibility of a smaller business. It powers each of us to make a difference to patients. From providing end to end patient support, to harnessing technology. We get to transform the practice of medicine and deliver value to healthcare systems to improve the health and well-being of lives across the world. It's an exciting time for our team as we redefine the future, working towards our vision to be the leader in Cardiovascular, Renal, Metabolism, Respiratory and Immunology by 2025.
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country's leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK's healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint. As a growing pharmaceutical, our work here is interesting - building from scratch, working on a combination of products and modalities and securing a long-term future. It's our patients that come first, every decision we make and action we take is centred around how we can better serve them. It's why we are shaping patient care for the future, working along the whole experience to give hope to billions of lives across the world.
What you'll do
As the Key Account Manager, you will be an ambassador for the company to promote excellent customer service and innovation, ensuring their expectations are met and exceeded. Building long-term relationships with customers that maximise all opportunities to ensure each account reaches its growth potential.
You will be passionate about developing your career, patient-centric, and customer-focused. This role will enable you to use your skills to support the company's key account strategy in your own accounts and ensure the maintenance of sales and their reputation for clinical excellence and reliability.
* Secondary care sales experience with a sound knowledge of account management
* Track record of engaging key stakeholders in complex clinical environments, e.g., mid and senior level healthcare professionals, key accounts, and the medical community
* Proven track record in influencing the stakeholder decision-making process in an ecosystem with multiple influential players / decision-makers, with a proven track record of creating value in complex DMU
* Proven demonstration of successful working in complex cross-functional teams
* Business management, commercial acumen, and financially analytical & conversant
* Demonstrable ability to negotiate at business-to-business level
* Educated to degree level or equivalent
* Full driving license
* ABPI qualification
* Business/ commercial related degree
* Wellard's diploma or equivalent
* Significant Pharmaceutical sales experience in:
* High-Cost Specialist Medicines (specialised commissioning)
* Vaccines and/or Biologics
* Experience in influencing successfully in a complex organisation
* Proven track record of launching secondary care medicine/worked in an environment with rapidly shifting clinical and treatment paradigms
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what's next?
* Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.
* Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours.
* If you're curious to know more then please reach out to Kemi.Muraina@astrazeneca.com. We welcome your application, no later than 11th July 2022
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.