Job Profile SummaryAt bp, we're striving to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable, and affordable energy. bp's ambition is to be one of the leading providers of offshore wind energy. A career in offshore wind is an opportunity to help shape the future of bp. To power the scale and pace of growth that we are targeting, we need the best people in the industry. As part of the team, you'll be playing a key role in support bp to move towards our net zero ambition, at the same time as being part of one of our exciting new energy businesses. You'll help to plan for and develop our offshore wind projects, growing your talent in all kinds of new and exciting ways to define the future of energy.
Job AdvertFollowing the recent bid submission for two offshore wind leases in the Netherlands, and in line with our future strategic growth ambitions for offshore wind in the Netherlands, we are looking to hire great people to join our offshore wind team in the UK and the Netherlands. These roles will form part of a multi-disciplinary project team which, if successful, will work together in the development, construction and operation of wind farms off the west coast of the Netherlands. This is just one part of the exciting integrated energy system that bp is looking to create in the Netherlands, with renewables at its centre.
It is possible that this role will become a secondment onto a bp joint venture. This can be discussed in more detail during the recruitment process.
Your initial focus will be on the Netherlands project opportunity. However, bp has a portfolio of emerging wind energy projects and you should anticipate providing support to these in an agile manner. After the Netherlands project, we envisage continuing your role with these other projects.Role Synopsis:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the position will lead a team of discipline engineers responsible for the engineering delivery of the Project facilities Optimise, FEED and following Engineering phases through to Execute.
The role will initially be based in the bp Sunbury office with potential for transfer to a contractor project office and will be required to ensure a safe, cost effective and quality engineering delivery, against the Project schedule requirements.Key Accountabilities:
- Leadership of the Project Discipline Engineers, including resolution of multi-disciplined, technical problems, development and coaching.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to deliver the facilities design and engineering in conformance with BP standards, Project Common Process, ETPs, Project specifications and industry standards, to ensure a safe and cost effective design.
- Provide leadership and direction to the multi-discipline BP and EPC Contractor engineering teams and maintain the BP / EPC Contractor relationship.
- Accountable for personal HSSE performance. Responsible for systematically managing safety in design including hazard identification, follow up and close out of actions related to design safety and HSE in project engineering.
- Own the Project Engineering verification process of both the Contractor and BP delivery scope, working with the EM and QA Manager to establish technical quality requirements.
- Ensuring that key interfaces, risks and actions with Engineering are tracked, managed and necessary interventions identified and closed out.
- Ensuring that all necessary systems and processes are in place with the Contractor, including the verification of the resource.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Chartered Engineer/Professional Accreditation
- Substantial experience in similar industry role, managing teams of discipline engineers.
- Experience in a Major Project delivery environment leading an engineering team.
- Experience in working in Optimise, FEED and Execute stages of a Project.
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking multi-discipline decision making in a key engineering role.
- Experience managing third party design contractors.
- Proactive, performance biased skills and track record of delivery.
- Experience working with major package and bulk suppliers. Experience in offshore power related systems and/or facilities.
- Wind industry experience.
- A working knowledge of industry and government standards.
- Knowledge of digitized EPC Contractor performance management.
- Agile team management processes (such as Squads and Kanban boards).
- Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur.
- Anticipates future situations and plans ahead to meet them.
EntityProduction & Operations
Job Family GroupEngineering Group
Travel requiredYes - up to 25%
Time TypeFull time
About BPPRODUCTION & OPERATIONS
This is the place to truly drive change. Our people develop hydrocarbon resources, deliver projects, operate refineries as well as oil and gas production assets.
Join us and make a difference by:
• making our production and operations safer and more standardised
• driving quicker reduction of our carbon emissions
• growing cash returns and delivering improved reliability and optimisation
• maximising efficiency through sharing resources
• accelerating the digital transformation of our operating assets
• developing our people faster, leveraging the scale of P&O
• building greater integration and collaboration in service of our purpose
Legal disclaimerWe are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.