Role: High Needs Business Support Manager
Contracting Authority: Central Government
Contract Length: 3 months
Pay Rate to Intermediary: £350 - £400 per day
Security Clearance: BPSS
* To ensure the High Needs team meets payment deadlines and maintains payment processes so that all agreed funding is devolved to maintained and academy schools as well as payments to independent and alternative providers.
* Manage implementation of financial processes, to include advice to team, colleagues and education providers to resolve funding queries and decision making.
* Ensure agreed internal systems are followed to promote accuracy, reduce incidence of error and evidence robust authorisation processes.
* Devolved responsibility for authorising a wide variety of payments - schools transfer and interface payment runs etc.
* Support schools finance to ensure that the LA realises the maximum funding e.g. annual data collection for special schools and unit provision.
* To develop processes in response to changes/additions to the teams responsibilities, create new processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness both within the team and other teams.
* Ensure appropriate action is taken/information provided to enable the LA to meet its' statutory duties as required e.g. complaints, FOI, compensation and government data returns etc