Assistant Psychologist / RaterLocation: WinchesterSalary: £22,000 - £24,000 per annum depending on experienceFull timeBenefits packageAbout the Company:
Our client is a leading provider of clinical services specialising in cognitive impairment. They deliver expert clinical care to private patients and are one of the foremost providers of clinical trials in the world and deliver award winning medico-legal services. The Company is highly innovative, currently operating from four locations and has ambitious plans to expand geographically. They value people who are dedicated, hardworking and looking to contribute to the continued growth of the business.The Role
As their Assistant Psychologist/Rater, you work on an exciting new research site investigating novel interventions for the treatment of cognitive disorders, based in Winchester. The postholder will be responsible for administering psychometric and cognitive rating scales to subjects who have volunteered to take part in the studies. You will be expected to:
- Undertake a broad range of psychological assessments, including the use of psychometric tools, self- report measures, rating scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with study participants and their carer's.
- Assist with the study setup and take responsibility maintenance of Rater equipment i.e. tablets, recording devices, psychometric kits, subject binders etc.
- Update appropriate patient databases to aid recruitment and reporting of recruitment and book screening appointments accurately using the appropriate scheduling tool
- Maintain adequate records and ensure all relevant information is accurately documented in the study participant's files.
- Perform data entry in accord with sponsor or trial requirements and systems and ensure data queries are resolved promptly
- Ensure a competent knowledge and understanding of all trials by reviewing the protocol, attending Investigator Meetings, SIVs and relevant study training meetings/conferences.
- Check patient files at the end of visits to ensure all procedures/assessments have been completed
To be considered for our Assistant Psychologist/Rater role, you will have the following skills and experience:Essential
Applicants should have a degree in Psychology or related subject (minimum 2.1). Experience of data collection for research is essential, as is experience of data entry and data management.Desirable
A Master's degree in Psychology or related subject (minimum 2.1). Clinical/research experience in mental health. Experience in administering the following cognitive rating scales:
If you feel you have the skills for our Assistant Psychologist/Rater role, please apply now!
- Mini-Mental State Exam (MMSE)
- Clinical Dementia Rating scale (CDR)
- Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status (RBANS)
- Neuropsychiatric Inventory (NPI)