We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a SEND learning manager to provide small group and 1:1 tuition for SEND students to help them fulfil their potential.
The SEND learning manager will work alongside the SENDCO, Deputy SENDCO and Curriculum Area Leaders to identify students for additional support, plan and deliver an intervention programme and track the progress of students to ensure that they make accelerated progress due to the intervention. The SEND learning manager will also offer extra-curricular provision to a wide range of students to support their engagement and learning within the curriculum area. The successful candidate will share the school's vision and the belief that Capital City Academy will provide an exceptional environment to promote a passion for learning and discovery, enabling all learners to succeed.You will:
We can offer you:
- have excellent subject knowledge and the ability to explain secondary subjects effectively
- be skilled in working with students who face educational challenges
- have the capacity to evaluate interventions and track progress
- desire to support all students to achieve excellent grades
- be a good communicator, with high standards of planning and organisational skills
- be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statement:
- The opportunity to work in a school that places a high value on teaching and learning
- The opportunity to tailor your programme to the needs of the students and to make a real difference in the lives of young people.
- Outstanding CPD provision and opportunities for progression
- A school that values wellbeing, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Inner London pay scales
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
We welcome applications from people from a range of backgrounds. We celebrate differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. We are committed to promoting a culture of inclusivity and belonging that embraces the contributions of all team members.HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like to apply for this position, please complete and return the Application Form by email via the button below. Applications to be received by the closing date of 9am on Monday 4th July.