Start Date: September Start
Monday - Friday 7.15am - 9.00am
Monday - Friday 3pm - 6pm
A fantastic school we are working with in Kingswinford are seeking a Level 3 or higher qualified teaching assistant for a before and after school club manager role. For this role, candidates will need to be confident working in and managing a team. You will be responsible for the day to day organisation of providing high standards of care for children between the ages of 4-11.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Delivering the Before and After School Provision
* To ensure excellent communication between parents and class teachers and vice versa.
* To lead the day to day management and organisation of the Before and After School Club
* To provide line management to a team of learning support assistants/play workers, directing the work of staff based at the Before and After School Club, supervising their activities and inducting new staff members.
* Work with all staff to ensure and provide care, play opportunities and activities in a homely,
* nurturing, and safe environment, with regard to the individual development needs of the children.
* To lead and motivate a team of staff to deliver high quality creative play opportunities in a safe and caring environment, ensuring safe supervisions at all times.
* Liaise with the school with regard to the needs of the children who attend the club.
* To liaise with parents to encourage parental involvement and support of the Before and After
* School Club and build strong relationships.
* Organise activity programme and plan, prepare and lead appropriate play
* Provide healthy and well-balanced refreshments, snacks and breakfast.
* Ensure that resources are maintained and clean and arrange for replacement/new resources.
* Educated to at least GCSE/GCE O level/CSE in literacy and numeracy to be able to read and
* understand procedures, policies and legislation and to count and calculate charges.
* Knowledge of relevant procedures, e.g. Child Protection, Health and Safety, Food Hygiene.
* Have experience of working with and caring for children aged 4 - 11 and understand and meet individual
* children's needs.
* NVQ level 3 in Childcare or Education or equivalent.
* Hold current first aid certificate (or willing to undertake training as necessary).
* Food Hygiene qualification or willing to train in this.
* Understand good quality childcare.
* Display commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people, value and respect the views and needs of children.
* Be able to maintain accurate records.
* Have supervision qualities and be able to use own initiative.
* Previous relevant experience working with young children.
* Have good communication and listening skills
* Able to lead and participate in safe and creative play