On an exclusive basis, greenwellgleeson are recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to work with a growing SME business based in Burton-on-Trent. This is an entrepreneurial business offering an internal route to progress.
Reporting into the Finance Director, the duties of the role will include:
- To identify, propose and effect improvements in the Company's operating and accounting systems to deliver enhanced performance evaluation reporting.
- To contribute to the preparation of the Company's Financial Plan and budgets in conjunction with the Directors.
- To provide appropriate KPI reporting, including customer account profitability, revenue stream profitability for circulation to the senior management team, the board and external stakeholders.
- To support the Financial Director in various projects such as M&A projects, new operating and accounting system evaluation and implementation and improvements to reporting capabilities and effectiveness throughout the business.
- To Integrate major new contracts or business units as a result of successful M&A activities.
- To develop forecasting models
- To be part of the Senior Management Team driving the business forward with support for business decisions
- To identify and evaluate areas for improvement of profit/spend with particular regard to cost reductions and methodology, analysis of spend, material ratios etc.
- Assisting with day to day finance duties on an ad hoc basis - bank reconciliations, cashflow forecasts, accruals, prepayments, payroll, VAT, etc.
Skills, Requirements, Qualifications
- Qualified ACA/ ACCA/ ACMA
- Seeking to develop their career path in senior finance and accounting roles
- Prior experience in accounting roles, preferably in an SME environment
- Previous experience at providing commercial support and input to a senior management team.
- Supportive, communicative and open working style
- Determined and capable of building relationships throughout all aspects of the business.
- Ability to use your own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask.
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
- Organised and self-motivated
- Competent Microsoft Excel skill and appreciation of wider IT solutions
- Diligent, analytical and inquisitive with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate professional conduct with exemplary integrity
- Reliable, supportive, flexible, co-operative, determined and ambitious
Greenwell Gleeson Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.To find out more about how and why Greenwell Gleeson Ltd process your personal data in line with the data protection regime please go to the privacy notice on our website www.greenwellgleeson.co.uk