Teaching AssistantSecondary School Chorlton/Whalley Range
You will be encouraged to identify barriers the young people have to learning and how their behaviour has an impact on their education.
Your role will be heavily involved in the pastoral side of school life and the impact of this on the young persons education.
The class size is small, no more than 6 pupils and you will be required to support behaviour and the additional needs in the class.
The pupils will have special educational needs in the following areas:-
- Speech, language and communication
- Social skills and understanding
- Emotional understanding
- Cognition and learning - barriers to learning & learning difficulties
- Attachment disorder, ASD, ADD & ADHD
Assisting within bespoke individualised curriculum, pastoral approach and provision with a particular emphasis on Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADD, Pathological Demand Avoidance.
- Team Teach training would be highly desirable for this roleTO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK - Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application - Provide two professional references If this role appeals to you, click 'apply now.' Or for more information about the role or how Prospero Teaching can help you secure your next role, please contact Gabby or Kiera in the Manchester branch:
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is the premier provider of Primary Teachers, Secondary Teachers and Support Staff to Schools, Colleges and Nurseries.