Procurement Manager, Diverse Print Group - South/Midlands
Globally recognised multi-service Print solutions manufacturer, seek an accomplished Procurement professional to drive forward their strategy of a data driven Supplier Engagement model, in further developing their Supply Chain interaction via a transparent, rewarding and risk managed methodology.
An established and highly regarded market leader, continually investing and intelligently evolving with the ever changing demand of its prestige portfolio of Clients, their market presence encompasses the Digital and Litho Print, Direct Mail, Large Format and instore POS arena. Recognising the value that Suppliers provide to the operational maturity of the organization, they are focussed on transitioning from hands off Supplier Management, to a data driven Supplier Engagement model and seek a Procurement professional, with strong data & administration skills to execute & drive their strategy.
Supporting the UK Procurement Director, you will ensure that Supplier relationships and contracts are meeting the needs of the business and individual stakeholders by delivering on the "5 Rights" principle of procurement evaluation:
* Quality - obtaining goods that are to the quality standard as defined in the specification
* Quantity - obtaining goods in the quantities required to meet demand and service levels
* Place - ensuring goods are delivered to the appropriate delivery point, packaged and transported in such a way as to ensure their safe arrival
* Time - ensuring the goods arrive at the right time to meet demand and service levels but not so early as to incur unnecessary inventory costs
* Price - securing all of the above at a price that is both competitive and affordable whilst procurement costs should be minimized in order to maximize profit.
* Contract Management - Working with sites/ internal stakeholders to ensure that all staff understand the need to support management of contracts via timely reporting of NCRs, late deliveries etc
* Managing vendor performance in a Continuous Improvement culture though regular scheduled review meetings, ensuring that internal stakeholders are consulted on performance in advance of review meetings
* Developing and maintaining a suite of Management Information in Contract Management systems that are relevant to the contract/relationship, capturing key performance information for internal consumption
* Developing a Supplier Rewards Programme, whilst also working with Marketing to communicate activities both internally and externally
Ideally with professional Purchasing credential (CIPS or equivalent) and a demonstrable exposure to the Print / Packaging / Media industries, you will acquired an advanced understanding of the importance of KPI's, Vendor Relationship Management and a real appreciation of internal stakeholder value, alongside a genuine competence, confidence and diligence with the associated numbers.
A strong Team player, an effective communicator, with real attention to detail & a continuous improvement focus, you will have a passion for problem solving, an ability to work under your own initiative and a desire to travel (often at short notice!) in engaging with both a diverse Supply chain & an array of key Site personnel.
This is a Group role, so you can be based anywhere in the South of the UK, as travelling will be required as part of your remit. Offering an attractive salary and accompanying package, this a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic & focussed Procurement professional to "make their mark" in a globally recognised and successful multi-site operation.
Purchasing, Procurement, Vendor, Manager, Co-ordinator, CIPS, Buying, Small Format, Commercial Print, Litho, Lithographic, Printing, Print, Direct Mail Point of Sale, Digital, POS