Join Thornford Park as a Sessional Pottery Tutor working 4 hours per week and help some of the most vulnerable people in society build a brighter future.
You will be a part of an environment that has a strong emphasis on teamwork, where you will work alongside Occupational Therapists, Teaching Assistants and external stakeholders to develop educational programmes for adults with mental health conditions.
As an Sessional Pottery Tutor, you will provide effective client centred pottery program to people with mental health needs. You will support and assist in the provision of meaningful engagement of service users and contribute to the development of the Occupational Therapy Services as agreed by the Lead Occupational Therapist.
At Elysium, we want the best for you. That's why you will have continuous access to a range of training courses to enable you to reach your career goals. After all, a better you means better care. That's what delivering great healthcare should feel like.This role involves:
What you will get:
- Delivery of well-planned and thoughtful lessons hand-building ceramic classes using full range of techniques and materials.
- Oversees the safe operation of a wide variety of specialized ceramic equipment, including but not limited to wheels, electric kilns, slab rollers, hand tools and power tools.
- Ensures risk assessment for activities is in place and reviewed regularly.
- Trains staff and service users on safety and maintenance of equipment and operates a safe and secure art room.
- Maintains clay and art material inventory and notifies the OT team when clay and materials need to be ordered.
- Receives, stores, and organizes all supplies including clay.
- Loads, sets, and unloads kilns ensuring that service users work is fired in a timely manner.
- Help to identify early signs of relapse or crisis by monitoring the service user's progress, level of functioning and mental state and alert the appropriate staff involved in the individual's care.
- Competitive hourly wage + Benefits
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more. About your next employer
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 80 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.
The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person's individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.