NSB Recruitment currently have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to work for an award-winning company in the waste to energy sector.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing and monitoring our overall supply chain strategy in order to maximise efficiency and productivity.
The Supply Chain Manager will direct and coordinate purchasing, warehousing, goods receiving, inventory, spares and financial forecasting activities to control costs, reduce risks of delays and improve customer service and safety.
The role will continuously examine existing procedures for opportunities to streamline activities to meet system solution delivery requirements.
Initially, the Supply Chain Manager will have daily responsibility for entire vendor quoting / purchase order placement process & as the company grows, you will have a hand in recruitment of additional resource(s) to meet with the needs of the business.
The Supply Chain Manager will be required to understand accounting / legal processes and documents, and also to build lasting relationships to increase efficiency and focus on the optimisation of the purchasing manufacturing and assembly process.
* Propose options and recommend an overall supply chain strategy, including purchasing, logistics and warehousing options, in line with the potential growth strategy of the business.
* Implement, execute and report agreed supply chain, inventory and spares strategy.
* Implement and manage the procurement process for the Business (both project and non project expenditure.
* Recommend and Coordinate expediting activities and associated resources in order to minimise risk of delays.
* Issue RFQs and oversee technical and commercial evaluations of supplier bids within the project timescales.
* Create, negotiate and place Purchase Orders.
* Review and amend Terms & Conditions for procured goods and services.
* Expedite services and goods once procured.
* Maintain and consult on project purchasing schedules and plans.
* Implement and manage the Goods Receipt process/ Manage stock and inventory process.
* Keep detailed records and forecasts for all procured expenditure.
* Implement and manage Approved Vendor List process, ensuring full technical, quality and financial assessments of each supplier.
* Present status of bought out goods and services by project or supplier.
* Build and maintain relationships within the Business and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors.
* Improving the overall supply chain performance and identify possible innovations to the process.
* Determine key supply chain KPIs & Facilitate the defining of strategy and resultant inventory process for spares
To be considered for this Supply Chain Manager role, you will need the following:
* Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
* Record of achievement in managing suppliers with respect to cost, lead-times and post delivery service.
* Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of supply chain, from product selection / development to the shipment of finished items.
* Comfortable operating at all levels within discipline - from sourcing products and raising a P.O. to defining and delivering against vendor and supply chain strategy
* Understanding of accounting or finance - including: forecasting the timing of purchases and payment requirements; ensuring visibility to the Finance Director of all open supplier commitments; ensuring buying approach protects of sales margins; ensuring vendor selection takes account of vendor financial health.
* Must be able to comprehend legal documents, including advising stakeholders of the impact of vendor proposals upon project timing and costs. Must be able to demonstrate competence in negotiating with suppliers to ensure compliance with Company purchase terms and conditions.
* Strong communication skills and the desire to build lasting relationships both within our business and with our global contact base.
Why apply for this Supply Chain Manager role:
You will be part of a team that wants to make a difference! Our client has an award winning/ fast-growing presence in small scale waste to energy with diverse projects that are environmentally sustainable, implementing resilient infrastructure that is effective & positive.
They are working towards ZERO landfill, dealing with waste at source and recovering economic and environmental value. Based in the UK but will ultimately have an international presence, with links to industry, academia and beyond. Giving you the opportunity to develop the role within an entrepreneurial & innovative team.
A small team of likeminded, driven professionals that are dedicated to the business goals.
In return the client can offer a competitive salary up to £55,000 + benefits, along with challenging & diverse projects, career growth and international mobility, 25 days of holiday per year, great learning and development opportunities, bonus, Pension & Private Medical
If this Supply Chain role is of interest, click apply below