Kraft Heinz, The Company
As one of the world's largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic brands like Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Kraft Peanut Butter, Kraft Dinner and Heinz Ketchup. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like CRAVE. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World . Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you're passionate like us -- and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen -- there's one thing to do join us.
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It's true Our employees are our competitive advantage.
As part of the Kraft Heinz family you're supported to grow and achieve. You're recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You're given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won't do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
As the on-shift engineering lead, ensure appropriate engineering resources are always available to the operations function and coordinate these resources to provide the most effective engineering solutions in both planned and unplanned events without impacting EHS or Food Safety/Quality. To take ownership of assigned assets to ensure that the standards are improved and maintained to help deliver plant reliability.
Role / Title
· Execute the shift preventative maintenance plan within agreed time scales and ensure that equipment is returned to service in a safe, hygienic and optimal condition
· Prioritise reactive and proactive work to deliver the most effective outcomes depending on the business needs by liaising with production
· Ensure that business systems such as SAP are being used effectively to ensure accurate data is collected to drive improvement
· Ensure root-cause analysis is conducted for all relevant failures with corrective action plan implemented and preventative actions proposed
Job Responsibilities / Key Accountabilities
· Comply with all work place health and safety regulations and ensure timely closure of agreed corrective actions.
· Provide effective shift engineering team leadership support by building robust relationships with manufacturing shift management.
· Provide engineering maintenance to manufacturing line assets and attend to any issues arising as part of breakdowns and planned maintenance.
· Monitor Plant Performance and Efficiencies, whilst ensure corrective engineering actions are prioritised and completed.
· Provide and record accurate and timely facts and data for engineering and manufacturing leadership.
· Ensure that all manufacturing lines and engineering owned areas are maintained to the highest of standards.
· Support all Engineers with plant knowledge to provide 24/7 support (through available skills)
· For planned maintenance activity within your shift, direct resource with task prioritisation (including any contractor activity).
· Perform engineering activities in areas of risk including at height, confined space, hot works and COSHH environments.
· Supports with overtime to ensure that there is 100% engineering coverage at all times on site.
· Drive the environmental, health and safety culture to create a healthy and risk free working environment.
· Commit to personal development through application of the PDR process.
· Use root cause analysis to improve asset reliability and reducing line breakdowns.
· Form effective relationships with other shift senior engineers, providing robust ways of working and effective shift handover processes.
· Attend the morning performance accountability meetings and own immediate actions, support the coordinating shift engineering team to action accordingly.
· Support the manufacturing shift management through recommendations, built on facts and data, when a stop & fix approach is required.
· Maintaining a flexible balance between hands on engineering and shift engineering leadership
· Provide support to reduce waste (Cost, Materials, OEE Performance) by the effective management of the on shift engineering resource.
· Ensuring excellent customer service within a rapidly changing and flexible demand for manufacturing prioritisation.
· Arrange and manage external resource through the specific permit process
· Ensure accident investigation, near miss, deviations and CAPA responsible actions are completed on time.
· Lead, motivate and coordinate engineering team with direct management of absence, time & attendance, ensuring that the teams are resourced accordingly.
· Application and management of the people performance management processes for the engineering team using the PDR process.
· Drive the engagement strategy for the operational engineering function by the delivery of effective communication, recognition, training and development.
· Support the Reliability Engineer in delivery of the planned shutdowns or overhauls adhering to effective contactor management processes.
Personal Qualities and Skills
· Recognised Engineering qualification is essential, HNC/HND/degree desirable.
· Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience ideally FMCG
· Flexible, resilient and committed with a right first time attitude
· Demonstrated leadership competencies and experience
· Good oral and written communication skills
· A Methodical approach to fault finding to diagnose and repair faults on automation, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems in a timely manner
· Some knowledge TPM/Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques
· Competent on MS office software
· Siemens S7 experience desirable
· SAP experience desirable