is a multi-award-winning, global, manufacturer of some of the world's most advanced prosthetic technology, bespoke seating solutions and orthotic devices.
Our evidence-based approach and commitment to continuously challenge possibilities ensures our mobility solutions prioritise the wellbeing and long-term health of our users. Through science, technology, and maintaining a clear focus on people, we make mobility possible.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Manager to join our multi-discipline R&D team. The role
As Mechanical Engineering Manager you will provide leadership and guidance to your mechanical design team, enabling them to create innovative designs of medical devices, that consistently deliver superior clinical outcomes.
What are we looking for? Key Skills:
- Leading the mechanical design and development of Blatchford products within your team.
- Ensuring that design and development is conducted in compliance with MDR regulations and company processes and procedures.
- Managing and guiding the professional and personable development of your team, setting objectives, and building development plans.
- Leading the recruitment of new starters
- Developing the design transfer capabilities of the team
- Guiding the application of tools, such as tolerance analysis, Design for Six Sigma, and process capabilities
- Working with partners to understand and develop our manufacturing capabilities
- Leading the team in the utilisation of Digital Twin, FEA & CFD for investigation & design validation where applicable, reducing our reliance on physical testing.
- Leading and managing the continuous improvement of existing products
- Managing and developing our rapid prototyping capabilities by developing the technical capabilities of our internal model shop to a world-class standard
- Developing processes and procedures and supporting the transition to PLM and ERP system.
What can we offer you? As Mechanical Engineering Manager, you will receive: Benefits
- Degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
- Understanding of MDR
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Direct line management experience
- Self-starter, proactive and able to manage own time effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Hard working, open and honest and excellent team working skills.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced matrix organisation.
- Solution orientated, enjoys getting results and delivering technical excellence.
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid office and remote working
- Discounted shopping and leisure activities
- Discounted gym membership
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- EAP Scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a dynamic team, within a unique environment and contribute to the success of our award-winning organisation.
If you meet the above criteria for the Mechanical Engineering Manager role, then please apply now!