Service Delivery Manager - 1784
Remote with ad hoc travel
Main Purpose of Job
We are looking to recruit an experienced IT Service Delivery Manager who can demonstrate experience of successfully managing an outsource management service for a substantial and complex IT environment.
* Work alongside the Head of IT Service Manager to manage the outsourced Infrastructure and Platforms services delivered to the clients Business Units.
* Take action to prevent and address Service Provider/Service Partner under performance.
* The IT Service Manager will drive supplier improvement plans to optimise performance & value including the assessment of additional services.
* Demonstrate an ongoing and sustained reduction in Incidents and Problems by ensuring effective Root Cause Investigation and the implementation of permanent fixes
* Carries out in depth analysis of IT services to identify key issues of concern and formulates service improvements
* Works with the business and IT to understand and prioritise conflicting needs
* Act as an IT escalation contact for the directorate and manage those escalations through to conclusion.
* Ensure protection of service availability through effective management of system and business change
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Functional and Technical Skills and Communication and Personal Attributes
* Experience from a similar service delivery management or support role in supporting business critical systems in a medium/large organisation
* Demonstrates a comprehensive breadth and depth of knowledge and experience
* Ability to manage multiple conflicting deadlines
Functional and Technical Skills
* Excellent analysis and service reporting skills to a proven professional level
* Able to take ownership of escalations, problems, and requests as well as the ability to work in a pressurised environment
* Excellent time management skills; able to effectively plans own and others' time
* Able to visualise and articulate proposed solutions to service issues identified through the analyse of incidents and service requests
Communication and Personal Attributes
* A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise own workload within demanding schedules
* Strong written and verbal skills
* Good facilitation skills; enables people to reach agreement and develop work practices
ersg are an equal opportunities employer; we are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all job applicants. We do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or religious background; all decisions are based on merit