Trade Controls Compliance Lead
- UK Export Control; US ITAR & EAR: DDTC Registrations; UK & International Stakeholder Mgmt; Export Licencing
- Defence; Security; Aerospace; Maritime; Engineering; Technology
- Enfield, North London (Hybrid available)
- £50,000 - £60,000 benefits
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of, and practical experience in, the administration and application of international and national trade controls, including UK/EU/D and US control regimes.
The position will focus on the dissemination of trade controls awareness, the development and maintenance of appropriate procedures, to facilitate full compliance and regular monitoring and auditing of transactions to verify compliance.
The candidate will be required to interact with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and to maintain a detailed understanding of the control regimes, and the changes that are introduced, such that they can guide the necessary changes to activities, to give effect to such changes.JOB FUNCTIONS:
To take the lead in respect to ensuring that the Company has, and rigorously applies, procedures dealing with all aspects of Export Licencing, Sanctions and Embargo requirements including:
- Interface with regulatory departments, including UK Export Control Organisation; BIS; HMRC; MoD; HM Treasury
- Interface with external advisers
- ECCN identification of goods to be supplied for export/re-export
- UK & EU: MoD F680s, Rating Enquiries, Individual and Open Export Licence Applications, SPIRE administration
- US ITAR & EAR: DDTC Registrations, Commodity Jurisdiction Requests, Licence Applications, Technology Transfer Agreements; OFAC: Sanction regimes and Specially Designated Persons
- End-User Undertakings
- Denied Party Screening - full implementation and maintenance, including adjudication on "hits" identified by our installed screening software
- The job holder will assume personal responsibility for preparing and submitting licence applications with respect to transactions identified as being particularly complex or sensitive.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of UK equipment and provide advice, as necessary, to the Development Team on the trade control implications of component selection and product designs
- The job holder will be responsible for overseeing trade control compliance in all UK locations
- To work with Operations and Finance staff to ensure that transactions carried out are compliant with relevant customs and tariff regulations and reporting requirements
We welcome applications from all suitable candidates