Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver around 1.3million loaves, every day of the week throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it's baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working.
A great opportunity has arisen at Hovis for a Compliance Manager to join the business. The role will be to identify, manage, control and deliver in full, all aspects of food safety and legal compliance both for brand and own label customer standards. To support the technical manager and site in managing and developing site systems and teams to ensure effective delivery of an operationally excellent food manufacturing facility in line with Hovis Ltd business requirements.JOB PURPOSE
To ensure the site is compliant with Hovis central standards and site food safety, Quality, legal processes and procedures as well as the requirements of BRC global standards for food Safety.Responsibilities
- Accountable for compliance against Central Technical Standards & BRC Requirements
- Responsible for managing, coordinating and leading external audits.
- Key interface for day to day technical issues.
- To lead compliance and update the HACCP systems.
- To actively participate in the daily operational meetings and communicate any audit findings that needs action.
- Manage all aspects of the site Quality function to ensure compliance. This includes overall responsibility for:
- All Test plans and product conformity monitoring and trending.
- Non-conformances and food safety/quality incidents.
- Technical procedures and standard ensuring both accuracy & efficiency.
Responsible for the management of the Internal Audit Programme, including GMP/Hygiene & internal QMS audits and associated corrective / preventative action plans.Work closely and support the sites trained auditors to ensure bakery standards are effectively audited. Train new auditors as required.Ensure resolutions to issues raised through audits are closed out in a timely manner and to a standard that will prevent reoccurrence.Manage the Corrective Action programme for the site to drive a culture of continuous improvement.Work closely with the Hygiene Team to ensure hygiene standards of the bakery are of the highest standard.Work with the operations and engineering teams to enhance food safety, quality and product knowledge.Manage the process of serious complaint investigations, leading the site complaint investigation team and ensuring root cause and effective corrective & preventative actions have been carried out in a timely manner.Responsible for analysing & trending technical data to drive a reduction in customer complaints, quality or food safety incidents and audit non-conformances.Responsible for the development and delivery of food safety & quality training programmes.Manage the training, development and performance review for the Technical team. This will ensure that all team members are competent to perform their roles within the Technical structure.Assist the Site Technical Manager and deputise as required.Skills And AttributesKNOWLEDGE & SPECIFIC JOB SKILLSEssential
- Qualification in food safety and quality - degree level or equivalent
- 3-5 years' experience in food industry
- Trained auditor
- Food Safety management experience
- Experience in managing a team
- Structured approach
- Attention to detail
- Ability to influence and challenge
- Assertive and able to work on own initiative
- Minimum Intermediate HACCP trained
- HACCP/Pest Control experience
- BRC or similar standard trained
- Intermediate Microsoft IT skills
- Customer interface experience
- Train the trainer and experience
Location: Based in Bradford
Type of role: Full Time, Permanent
Reporting to: Technical Manager
All applicants to have the right to work in the UKWhy Work For Us And Our Benefits
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
- There is a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
- Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
- We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
- We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
- We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.