Pensions Technical Team LeaderBupa Place, Salford Quays, M50 3SP
Full time 37.5 hr/week
Salary £52,000 - £58,000 per annum + 10% Management Bonus + fantastic benefits
Here you'll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You'll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Working in our support functions you'll play a key part in helping our customer facing colleagues deliver exceptional standards of customer service and patient care.
No matter your role, you'll have an opportunity to do work that matters. Making a difference to the lives of our customers each and every day.Role Overview
As a Pensions Technical Team Leader, you will lead and manage the development and delivery of pension's technical support to Bupa across the UK geography.
You will support the Head of Pensions in development and delivery of Bupa's pension strategy and practice and work closely with the Trustees of Bupa's pension schemes and their advisers (particularly the Chairperson), the Bupa Pension's Administration and Finance team leaders to support all trust and contract-based arrangements in the UK.
You will lead the delivery of Trustee Secretarial services to the Trustee of the Bupa Pension Scheme and Bupa's Consolidated Group Life Scheme and act as Trustee Secretary to The Bupa Pension Scheme, as and when delegated by Head of Pensions and liaise with the Chairman of the Trustees.What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
- Leading a small team of in-house technical pensions staff
- Playing a key part in supporting on strategic projects within the team, particularly single code of practice, GMP equalisation and Pensions Dashboard
- Identifying and interpreting relevant pension technical information and changes in pension related legislation for use by the Company (and Trustees) and ensuring regulatory compliance for all UK pensions schemes in Bupa
- Responsibility for the governance of the Bupa Pension Scheme and overseeing the governance of all other UK pension arrangements (trust and contract) in compliance with statutory time frames and best practice
- Providing pension's guidance and support to the Company in relation to mergers, acquisitions and divestments including TUPE transfers of employees
- Providing pensions technical advice and support to the Company in collaboration with the HR function, Payroll and Finance business functions, Legal employment and tax
- Provides pensions technical advice and support to the Company in collaboration with: The HR function, Payroll and Finance business functions, Legal employment and tax.
- Is responsible for ensuring technical administration training and guidance is provided to the Pensions administration, technical and senior management teams
- Is responsible for ensuring that legislative requirements are reflected and implemented in current admin process flows; Works with the Head of Pensions to review the performance of the consultants, advisers and providers to the various Trustee bodies and Bupa's corporate pension advisers.
- Manages pension related complaints to the Trustees (including IDRP) and Bupa and maintains the team's risk incident log
- Responsible for reviewing trust documentation to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Reviews and provides input into adviser and provider service contracts making recommendations to the Head of Pensions for sign off
- Prepares and reviews member communication including formal pension consultation materials (in collaboration with external professional advisers)
- Ensures Head of Pensions is informed of status of pensions schemes including alerting them to any regulatory or compliance issues arising
- Recruits, leads, manages and develops the Pensions Technical team working with the Head of Pensions to ensure that the appropriate skills and capabilities are maintained within the team.
- Experience in a consultancy and/or senior technical pensions role in either a third-party consultancy and/or in-house environment working with DB and DC schemes
- APMI qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Thorough knowledge of current pension legislation and experience in applying this in a practical manner
- Ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and accurately, to a broad range of people with varying degrees of pensions knowledge, in a professional and timely manner
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills at senior levels and collaborative style of working
- Ability to inspire confidence, trust and influence at all levels
- Strong people management skills and experience of managing a team of pensions technical/ consultancy staff either directly or indirectly
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It's important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Pensions Technical Team Leader, you'll be eligible for:
Diversity and Inclusion
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various family friendly benefits
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We'll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That's why we're happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you've found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn't where you've been.
This is where you're going.This is what we have belief in.