The PIC Investment Team is looking to build out its credit capabilities by enhancing the existing team and hiring for roles that would allow it to take more portfolio management decisions in global corporate bond markets.
PIC's Public Credit Team is recruiting an Associate Portfolio Manager to help enhance the teams existing portfolio management capabilities. The team's main responsibility is to select and maintain investments that are secure and stable through the credit cycle and a good match for PIC's long-dated insurance liabilities.Role Purpose:
To join a growing investment team with a focus on managing PIC's large credit portfolio. This role will be working as a part of the Credit Portfolio Management team to select and maintain IG credit investments to match PIC's long-dated liabilities as well as rebalance the portfolio to provide improved security for policyholders.Key Responsibilities:
- Assist the portfolio managers to manage the external credit portfolio.
- Design, coordinate and implement portfolio trading strategies
- Act as a point-person for key stakeholders, such as Traders, Operations and Portfolio Managers.
- Liaise with external managers and ensure PIC reflects manager views within in-force portfolios and new business portfolios (in-flows).
- Work with Portfolio Managers to run credit portfolio
- Understand financial markets and input to positioning around PIC's Investment Portfolio
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant experience working with/closely alongside exposure portfolio managers and/or traders.
- Candidates must come from a fixed income background, to include gilts, index or credit, albeit a credit background would be preferred.
- Candidates can come from either the buy or sell side but if from the sell side, need to be able to evidence market savvy/investment acumen and evidence of working closely with traders.
- Although coming in as an APM, there is a clear path on career progression to PM where this candidate will be able to put risk in the portfolio and, actively making decisions that will impact performance of the portfolios
- Someone with aptitude and strong energy levels for the role is essential. From an intellectual point of view, they need to be in a position to understand the timings around managing risk as well as how a trade works.
- Potential candidate must have some coding experience such as Python and this is a strong requirement for the role
- You must act with integrity.
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence.
- You must be open and co-operative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators.
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly.
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct.