Associate Director - Model RiskContract Length:
1 day/week in a London officeDay Rate:
Inside, via umbrellaMain Responsibilities
- Perform model valuations and deliver high quality reports.
- Manage and oversee the validations performed by others within the team.
- Stakeholder management, including CIOs and other senior management model owners
- Contribute to the quality of the inventory data, incl. reporting data, materiality assessments, etc
- Support the development of modelling standards
- To provide SME advisory and assurance that models meet policy and regulatory requirements.
- To provide expert support and guidance to all stakeholders on model development and validation activities, to help ensure the global model risk operating model is consistently adopted in processes and procedures, and to help model owners, users and developers understand minimum standards, make use of templates, etc.
- Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with all key internal stakeholders.
- Hands on experience building, enhancing and running model validation processes is essential.
- Solid understanding of all model types (investment, pricing, risk & capital) with specific SME expertise (preferably both equities and fixed income models).
- Extensive experience in quantitative risk related roles in the financial sector - investment banking or asset management is preferable.
- Ability to demonstrate project delivery across model validation, model documentation.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Excellent at providing innovative ideas and comfortable working under pressure.
- Strong MS Excel & expertise with VBA, model library programming (C++, Java, Python &/or other).