Lawyer - Rochdale (Temp Vacancy) Umbrella Pay Rate: £21.00ph Full-Time (37 hours)Job Purpose:
To assist the Legal Service in carrying out its duties and to achieve its objectives.Accountabilities:
The post holder must -
- Perform his or her duties in accordance with all Rochdale Council's Policies including Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Ensure that Rochdale Council's commitment to public service orientation and care of our customers is demonstrated.
The post holder's principal duties will vary depending upon which team within Legal Services the post holder is based (Litigation or Property)
Values and Behaviours
Approach the job at all times using the values set out below:
- Proud of the difference we make
- Passionate about the diversities of the borough
- Pioneering and Open in our approach
Be aware of and apply these behaviours at all times.
Principal duties (Property)
The duties will be drawn from the following depending on experience and ability and progression on the career grade
- Work involving acquisitions of the freehold, leasehold, sub-leasehold and/or possessory titles in land and property, approval of the legal contracts, investigation of registered and unregistered titles and reporting on all matters arising and then advising on all implications, restrictions, complex issues and matters arising including solutions to deal with potential issues prior to exchange of contract, raising all appropriate enquiries and searches prior to exchanging contracts, exchanging contracts, drafting conveyances, assignments, leases, sub leases, transfers and any other legal document required to ensure that the negotiated legal estate Is being acquired, raising all appropriate requisitions and searches prior to legal completion, requesting all appropriate legal undertakings and dealing with the subsequent discharge and cancellation as appropriate, formal completion, post-completion formalities including dealing with HM Customs & Revenue regarding Stamp Duty Land Tax and registration of the Council's title at the Land Registry.
- Work involving disposals of the freehold, leasehold, sub-leasehold and/or possessory titles in land and property, dealing with title check requests in respect of a disposal to advise as to whether or not the title is sufficient for the disposal envisaged, advising on all implications, restrictions, complex issues and matters arising from that title check which would prevent the disposal and offer effective solutions to enable the disposal to proceed, drafting the legal contracts including all relevant conditions, preparing evidence of the Council's title and all associated documentation, dealing with any title problems and advising on and taking such necessary action as is required to perfect the titles, dealing with the responses to all pre-contract enquiries and searches raised by the Buyer's Solicitors, exchange of contract, approval of conveyances, assignments, leases, sub leases, transfers and any other legal document drafted and submitted for approval to ensure that the negotiated legal estate Is being disposed of, dealing with replies to requisitions on title and all searches raised by the Buyer's Solicitors, formal completion, providing any legal undertaking and ensuring it Is discharged and cancelled and post· completion formalities.
- Work in the drafting and/or approving from receipt of instructions to completion of leases, building agreements, development agreements, overage agreements, licences, tenancy agreements, tenancies at will, wayleave agreements, other agreements, easements, rent reviews, deeds of surrender, variation, rectification, release, covenant and other miscellaneous transactions, enforced sales, sale of repossessed property, statutory vestings and drafting of all deeds and documents as appropriate in relation to land and property and any nature of transaction.
- Work Involving mortgages to purchase, improvement loans, transfer of mortgages, redemption of mortgages, discharge of mortgages at the Land Registry and other miscellaneous transactions relating to mortgages.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah .