Senior Manager, Technology Risk - IT Programme Risk Management (IT PRM)
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Technology provides businesses with the potential to deliver new services, operate in new markets, and change the way they operate. With these opportunities comes risks. The opportunity
As a leading independent provider of risk advisory services, EY supports organisations in managing their risks, exploiting opportunities and operating effectively. Technology Risks sits within EY's Risk business and forms part of our broader Business Consulting practice.
Our clients seek independent advice and assurance on diverse issues relating to major IT-enabled change programmes, including governance, project planning and management, benefits realisation, change management, data preparation and migration, solution fit and readiness, business engagement and acceptance, and third party management.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Manager who can work directly with clients to help them understand and address risks associated with the technologies that support their business. Your key responsibilities
Your primary responsibility will be to plan and deliver IT PRM engagements. This will involve interacting at a senior level with client staff, managing multiple assignments, and leading teams of EY personnel. At times you will be stretched to learn about new risk factors affecting our clients, sometimes as they evolve, work across a broad range of clients in multiple sectors, and deal with complex and demanding issues daily.
Skills and attributes for success
- Spearheading a portfolio of IT PRM engagements with our clients within agreed time and budget, responsible for their day-to-day running and quality of team output
- Working with prospective clients to agree, scope, and plan the delivery phase of engagements
- Ongoing interactions with key client roles, including Programme Director, Head of IT, Head of Change, Head of Risk, Head of Audit, Head of Digital
- Creating and managing reports, proposals and marketing material, ensuring the highest quality deliverables
- Developing the market for Technology Risk services across all sectors, identifying and promoting sales opportunities
- Establishing client relationships with stakeholders across the FTSE 350 market
- Developing the existing Technology Risk team, acting as mentor and coach to junior team members, leading by example.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience working in project/programme delivery or assurance at Senior Manager level or equivalent
- Practical knowledge of project/programme lifecycles and commonly-used delivery methods and frameworks, eg Agile/SAFe, waterfall, PRINCE2
- Demonstrate breadth of skills/experience and market awareness
- Proven ability to analyse problems and communicating solutions to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and project management skills
- Previous participation in business development or similar activities (eg, internal engagement with/influencing of senior stakeholders), including identifying stakeholder needs and working on responses.
What we look for
- Ability to engage multiple stakeholder communities and manage cross-functional projects
- Experience developing propositions that are current and relevant to our clients
- Advanced experience of major ERP (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft, Microsoft Dynamics) implantation approach and life-cycle
- Experience interacting with those providing assurance over projects/programmes, eg, QA ad internal Audit teams
We are looking for high performing individuals with the passion and commitment to grow our practice and eventually become a Partner in our business. As an ambassador for the Technology Risk team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients' high expectations. What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possibleThe exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.Apply now.Please note:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalising your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy.
We collect this date to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!TechRisk2022 This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.