Location: Derby, Hybrid Working
Salary: £25,958 to £30,368 FTE plus 5% pension contribution
Contract: 22.5 to 30 hours a week (including occasional early morning, evening & weekend work)
Hours: 37.5 hours (Flexible working available)
Upbeat Communities was founded in 2005 to support refugees and asylum seekers to rebuild their lives through a whole range of support including training, social activities, befriending and hosting.
Upbeat Communities has two social enterprises (DLS and Upbeat Clean) which were started to generate income for the charity while also supporting refugees through language training and job creation.
We are looking for an Operations Manager who will bring operational excellence to the social enterprises. We have existing systems and processes in place, but we are looking for someone who will be able to develop our operational system in preparation for further growth.
You will work closely with the Head of Enterprise (HofE) and the Leadership Team to ensure that both enterprises are fulfilling their key mission which is to create genuinely life-giving work that our employees excel at.
At Upbeat, we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Operations Manager - Main duties and responsibilities:
• Act as key account manager for some of the client contracts in conjunction with the Head of Enterprise (HofE)
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of Upbeat Clean and DLS, including developing systems and processes, com-munication with a range of stakeholders
• Maintain the organisation's security and safety standards, policies and procedures, ensuring these are adhered to, including regulatory compliance
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with client contacts
• Ensure operational excellence of the team is maintained and that all contractual service level agreements are met
• Create and distribute digital content including publications, annual reports and other marketing materials
• Provide occasional cleaning support when essential
• Work with the finance team to forecast income and manage expenditure in line with the agreed budget
• Work with the finance team to provide accurate invoice and payroll information
• manage some team members (Cleaners)
• Line Schedule rotas/holidays and workforce planning
• Assist with the smooth running of HR management including recruitment and terms and conditions compliance
• Oversee the provision of staff training
Strategy, Analysis & Development:
• Project manage key operational improvements
• Develop a dashboard reporting system to provide up-to-date data for a range of stakeholders
• Support with the development of a growth strategy
Operations Manager - Person Specification:
Qualifications & Experience:
• At least two years' experience in an administration or operations/management role
• Strong IT skills with a track record of working across a range of software packages
Skills & Attributes:
• A 'can do' attitude and approaches challenging situations in a positive and enthusiastic manner
• A strong desire to support and empower refugees to succeed
• Ambitious, focused, and able to work in collaboration with others
• Numeracy and financial management skills
• Ability to engage confidently and comfortably with a wide range of people, proven ability to build productive part-nerships and teams both internally and externally
• Well organised, able to prioritise workloads and delegate effectively
• Calm and consistent manner, able to demonstrate initiative, problem-solve and to work well under pressure
• Ability to work sensitively with those of different cultures and faiths and a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
• Knowledge of the needs of refugees and asylum seekers and commitment to their support, wellbeing and empow-erment
• The right to work in the UK
If you feel you have the relative skills & experience necessary to be successful within this role then please click on APPLY and forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter for consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies Please