I am currently recruiting for a Finance Manager on a fixed term contract on behalf of a leading public sector organisation based in Doncaster.
There is plenty to shout about in Doncaster! It is the UK's best connected location, where they have many major developments in the pipeline, a vibrant urban centre with a thriving arts and cultural scene, sport and leisure attractions, wonderful green spaces and a fascinating heritage. Duties will include:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Working with members of the Directorate Management Team and budget managers, to evaluate and implement financial strategies, working closely to offer support and appropriate challenge, to deliver the priorities for the Directorate
- Leading on complex key areas, grants and projects within the Directorate, providing financial advice and training to senior management and budget managers
- Working with the Directorate Finance Manager to deliver effective direction, planning and continuous improvement for the service, providing clear leadership and direction to the team with responsibility for line managing and developing a positive and enabling performance culture
- Preparing revenue and capital budgets for the Directorate, ensuring budget targets are properly monitored and accurate timely projection information is available for reporting to senior management to assist in decision making and closure of year-end accounts.
- Working in partnership with colleagues from partner organisations to ensure Doncaster's resources are used to achieve the greatest possible impact
- Ensuring financial information is recorded correctly on the financial systems and completing relevant government, grant and finance returns
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be offered the chance to be part of a great team dedicated to ensuring that all people in Doncaster thrive.
- A professional accountancy qualification (CIPFA or equivalent)
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities with ability to work under pressure
- Excellent judgement, strong analytical skills and the ability to produce and challenge data and information intelligently and innovatively
- Extensive track record of delivering tangible results in a complex financial environment whilst working successfully with key partners, both internally and externally, to achieve common goals
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to establish positive relationships and communicate effectively with senior managers and external audit.
An attractive hourly rate of £30 to £35 is on offer (£67k).For more information, please apply today!