Our client, a leading carbon fibre engineering company supplying components worldwide directly into Formula One, Motorsport, Aerospace and Automotive customers, requires an experienced 5 axis Machinists with Heidenhain experience to work Thursday, Friday and Saturday night shifts.
* Manufacture and machining of components to supplied CAD and drawings
This will encompass setting and operating multi-axis computer numerically controlled machining CNC centres, both milling and turning considered.
* Maintain program and tooling records for all components produced
* Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping in the workplace
Relevant experience working in a fast-paced machine shop within the Automotive/Motorsport industry would be desirable. However, the main experience required is a solid working knowledge of the following:
- Mill/Turn machining experience
- Ability to set, operate and edit Mill Turn machines using Heidenhain
- Adherence to tight tolerances and high standards
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Ability to self-inspect your own parts using manual measuring equipment